Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        My kitten is extremely ill-tempered

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: My kitten is extremely ill-tempered

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 06:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's a female about two months old or so... she's not fixed.

Her daily routine involves running around like crazy attacking everything in sight, and pulling everything down that she can. When we try to pet her she attacks us - and unlike other kittens I've raised before, she'll start biting in a playful way, but won't stop, and will progressively bite harder.

She's been this way since we got her.. and very rarely she'll simply be regular and affectionate for one day. As a kitten, upon waking up from a nap, within SECONDS she would be biting us.

At this point I'm just curious if this kitten is beyong repair or if anyone has any advice. We've considered getting her fixed and declawed, but unfortunately that won't fix the BITING issue!

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A pugnacious pussy, eh? Good luck with that.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wtf are you doing asking questions about animals at a fucking quake forum?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant spell u wrote:

This particular section of the forum hasn't had much to do with quake in some time. Relax. :smirk:

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 wrote:
I cant spell u wrote:

This particular section of the forum hasn't had much to do with quake in some time. Relax. :smirk:

i c

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Our male cat is basically the same. Just had him fixed yesterday. Already much calmer.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 wrote:
Our male cat is basically the same. Just had him fixed yesterday. Already much calmer.

How mean.

"Yes, my cat loves to play but it pisses me off. Time to get it fixed, he hehehehehe..."

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant spell u wrote:
scourge34 wrote:

How mean.

"Yes, my cat loves to play but it pisses me off. Time to get it fixed, he hehehehehe..."

That's not the only reason. His playing and biting doesn't bother me. This neighborhood has enough strays. No need to have mine adding to the population. Not that he'll get outside, but just in case. He's also been declawed and vaccinated.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 wrote:
That's not the only reason. His playing and biting doesn't bother me. This neighborhood has enough strays. No need to have mine adding to the population. Not that he'll get outside, but just in case. He's also been declawed and vaccinated.

My excuses, I'm out of it today.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

can't we all just get along?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

K-mart Shopper wrote:
...We've considered getting her ...declawed...

Would YOU like to live a life without fingernails? Don't get yourself a cat if you can't cope with it having claws... Is kitty biting other people too or just you?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

chopov wrote:
K-mart Shopper wrote:

Would YOU like to live a life without fingernails? Don't get yourself a cat if you can't cope with it having claws... Is kitty biting other people too or just you?

Yeah that cat food sure can put up a fight.

PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

chopov wrote:

My heart bleeds for this one.

eepberries
eepberries
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 07:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 wrote:
chopov wrote:
K-mart Shopper wrote:

Yeah that cat food sure can put up a fight.

:olo:

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 08:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This should fix your cat problem

http://www.wtfun.com/fun75.php

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 08:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:

Lol.

edit: Hmmm, I have tape and a cat.

PostPosted: 02-02-2006 09:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 wrote:
andyman wrote:

Lol.

post the results!!

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 09:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
scourge34 wrote:
andyman wrote:

Lol.

post the results!!

It'll have to wait until tomorrow. Wife and 'kids' in bed. A cat freaking out might get me unwanted attention. :icon32:

PostPosted: 02-02-2006 10:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

im gonna try it with my freinds cat. I wonder if that painters tape is the best for it

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 10:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

K-mart Shopper wrote:
Does anyone know how to fix this? It's a female about two months old or so... she's not fixed.

FragaGeddon
FragaGeddon
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 11:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you planning on having any chineese food in the near future?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-02-2006 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try shoving your finger down her throat when she bites too hard. Throws their mouth wide open and apparently is very unpleasant to them. Calmed down my cat's "playfulness" quite a bit.

Say ello to my l'il frien'
Say ello to my l'il frien'
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 12:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when the cat's being a bitch, spray it with a mixture of water and vinegar. Cat's hate the smell of vinegar, she'll soon learn not to piss around.

My gf cat was the same way, talked to the vet and said use that mixture, after about a week or so, he soon learned.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 02:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

K-mart Shopper wrote:

Her daily routine involves running around like crazy attacking everything in sight, and pulling everything down that she can. When we try to pet her she attacks us - and unlike other kittens I've raised before, she'll start biting in a playful way, but won't stop, and will progressively bite harder.

She's been this way since we got her.. and very rarely she'll simply be regular and affectionate for one day. As a kitten, upon waking up from a nap, within SECONDS she would be biting us.

At this point I'm just curious if this kitten is beyong repair or if anyone has any advice. We've considered getting her fixed and declawed, but unfortunately that won't fix the BITING issue!

is it red?
red cats tend to be more active. i have one and sometimes it just drives me crazy :dork:
the second you drop something on the floor he comes running cause to him, everything that moves is fair game :dork:
fixed n everything. he can be very sweet though. he just has this fits where he runs around, meowing like the world is about to end and attacks everything in site.
he usually bangs his head against a door or chair when he's like this. i think he has add+downs :(

bad luck, she wont grow out of it :p

the watching eye
the watching eye
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 03:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm glad declawing is illegal around here, it's an awful thing to do to a cat.

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 04:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

w3rd

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 04:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its an even worse thing to do to your kids

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 05:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that thing about shoving your finger down the cats throat if they bite your finger, and the one about spraying them with water - those have sorted out my gf's kitten (which is mine unless it's just sitting there being cute, then it's magically hers again).

used to be a vicious little bastard, but it's chilled out a lot now. still fights with all it's toys and any animal that wanders into the garden, but otherwise it's cool. most important thing is consistency, you have to react in the same way EVERY time the cat does something wrong.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 05:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Letting a declawed cat out into the alley is like sending a gang member off to a knife fight with just boxing gloves.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 05:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SmokeyTreats wrote:
Letting a declawed cat out into the alley is like sending a gang member off to a knife fight with just boxing gloves.

http://www.totallycats.co.uk/declaw.htm

had to look it up, that really is quite fucking barbaric. why even own a cat? why not just buy a stuffed one or sew a cat pelt to your favourite cushion?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 08:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the all the responses guys, I might go ahead and try that vinegar trick... then again I hate the stench of vinegar as well, it might keep me away from her more often :icon26:

I've tried finger in the mouth trick until she's absolutely sick of biting, but 5 minutes later back to biting.

I wouldn't normally get a cat declawed but when a cat just leaps at you for no reason during "play-time," giving you multiple scratches everyday, it's just ridiculous not to have it declawed.

... I just pet her and she attacked my hand :dork:

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 08:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My cat does that. It's not aggression it's playing.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 08:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

we got the best cat in the world...good with kids, well behaved and doesn't even use a litter box...he doesn't even shit in the yard...he goes to the next door neighbors for that...and thats what they get for building a house next to us...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 08:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just a quick observation.. it's impossible to touch her without her doing that, EXCEPT if she's asleep. While in bed at night, if we move too much, she'll attack us.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-03-2006 08:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

we have had cats like that...i would just get rid of the bitch...seriously...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.