Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        PHOTOS PLEASE

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: PHOTOS PLEASE

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-24-2011 04:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
There isn't a tornado in any of those pictures.

I was thinking the same thing.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 05-24-2011 07:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got a site, there isn't much up there now but it's really for future stuff and a couple previous events that I haven't put up yet.

http://www.tigerprints.printroom.com/

thx for comments! It may be a while before there's any more moon pictures since it's up during the daytime now.

started the blog too: http://blaidaphotography.com

Last edited by andyman on 06-16-2011 06:33 PM, edited 1 time in total.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 05-24-2011 08:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that's the best time to get away from city lights and capture a sky wide strip of the milky way galaxy ;)

PostPosted: 05-24-2011 08:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
that's the best time to get away from city lights and capture a sky wide strip of the milky way galaxy ;)

True. Just have to figure a location... I think I'll just drive into the mainland a ways and see what turns up

PostPosted: 05-26-2011 08:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some bikes from the 1/4 mile earlier tonight

set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyman82/ ... 690450441/

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-05-2011 02:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't want to give the name, because there's bound to be some haters somewhere, but I have a career-defining job starting tomorrow.

It's two weeks shooting the product lines for four of the biggest fashion designers in the world. Two of them compete directly alongside Armani, Gucci, etc and are just as well known, the other one is not so well known, and the last one if probably the most famous clothing company in Britain.

No boasting here, I'm terrified and as nervous as a child, but I also can't wait.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-05-2011 03:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My guesses are:
Prada
Calvalli
Dolce & Gabbana
Burberry

GL dude - hope you nail it

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 06-05-2011 05:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice, GL

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 06-05-2011 05:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeahso wrote:
Don't want to give the name, because there's bound to be some haters somewhere, but I have a career-defining job starting tomorrow.

It's two weeks shooting the product lines for four of the biggest fashion designers in the world. Two of them compete directly alongside Armani, Gucci, etc and are just as well known, the other one is not so well known, and the last one if probably the most famous clothing company in Britain.

No boasting here, I'm terrified and as nervous as a child, but I also can't wait.

Wicked man. Fashion photography is a lot of fun, i'm sure you'll enjoy it :up:

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 06-05-2011 05:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found this website called psykopaint which lets you add some nice hand-drawn painter-style effects to your photos. It only really works for the more expressionist style photos, but you can get some good results. I then brought them back into photoshop for further editing. Here is how I treated the photography on my new record:

Kinda wish I knew about this sooner, as it's much easier than hand-painting or using photoshop brushes to achieve similar effects.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-05-2011 06:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-05-2011 09:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
My guesses are:
Prada
Calvalli
Dolce & Gabbana
Burberry

GL dude - hope you nail it

Oooh, you got one of them :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-05-2011 10:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

'grats man, hope it works out well for you. How is that studio space of yours coming?

guru
guru
PostPosted: 06-05-2011 06:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally had a nice evening that wasn't raining. I'm loving having a full frame body for landscape shots.

PostPosted: 06-06-2011 07:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like the blue and white in that picture, very fluid :)

some more moon pictures from tonight, had to do a lot of vignetting effects on the super close ones to cover the fuzzy edges. kind of gives a dramatic effect too

2x adapter

9mm eyepiece

prime focus

On my Dell monitor, the black is black. On the viewsonic, there is a shit ton of noise on the same pictures. which ones are you guys seeing?

Tonight was interesting too. Turns out that if the camera shoots in regular mode, it shakes the entire rig just enough to blur the image, but shooting in live view, it does not do this. Also, I smashed the life out of my thumb on the rig due to klutziness and mf'er it hurts.
The eyepiece adapter came in the mail too, but the threads don't match to the telescope... probably have to find an adapter or something, but that will let me use other eyepieces and if I get a new 2x adapter, I could put the high magnification 9mm piece in with the 2x and get monster magnification (and will have to run a monster ISO). it would make some super up close detailing, but would be real hard to focus and shoot with but if it all ever gets hooked up, i'll give it a try.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-06-2011 09:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks black to me. Nice shots.. kind of insane how close you are getting with some (somewhat?) run of the mill equipment. Would be nice to see if you could get that 9mm and the 2x going together. :up:

PostPosted: 06-07-2011 06:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

from tonight

full size if anyone wants it: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2267/581 ... 7dfd_o.jpg

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-08-2011 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

those moon pics are awesome. real apollo flyby type stuff :up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-08-2011 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking helllllll. Those close-ups are absolutely incredible.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-08-2011 05:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This levitating chick rocks. Her website [in Japanese].

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-08-2011 06:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I saw that on Gizmodo today. Pretty fuckin sweet.

PostPosted: 06-08-2011 06:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She is definitely on david blaine's speedial!

thx for comments on the moon pictures, there's still more to come... getting better at it each time, mainly better with the focusing. Tonight was really really clear and i think the focus was right on target, they will get posted tomorrow probably since it's kind of late right now. Also, I found the adapter that is required to hook up the tele-extender and that should be here by the end of the week, so the 25mm eyepiece will get to be used. If it works like I expect it to, I'll probably order a couple more eyepieces for the next phase! yay :) i actually get pretty excited taking the pictures, it's pretty fun

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-09-2011 11:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeahso wrote:
I also witnessed a monkey-rape, and photographed that as well, which I will also upload, in time...

I'm still waiting in anticipation for these monkey rape photos...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-09-2011 04:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This isn't a spectacular image, but I thought it would make a great texture for a game. It's just a shop floor that looks like it's been painted a few times and worn down...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-09-2011 05:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice moon pics andy

how do you keep it so steady? do you weight down your setup?

PostPosted: 06-09-2011 07:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's just the telescope strapped to the mount, and i use a remote shutter. There isn't really anything to move the setup except me, which happens when i lose my balance like an idiot lol

from last night:

lvlshot for yas

top part, these are with the 2x

middle

bottom

I thought this part in the middle looked like the Cobra logo from gi joe

a mountain range i guess

seremtan i guess it does look like a flyby, didn't see it until you mentioned that. this one came out in better focus. lvlshot'd

Is this the real man in the moon???? .. the shadowy figure.. :)

I'm trying to get the shadowy edges mostly, eventually i want to merge all the shadow parts to make a composite shadow moon. going to be tough though, especially with no pictures from tonight because of clouds (and tiredness)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-09-2011 07:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very cool stuff...

PostPosted: 06-11-2011 02:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

from the track visit on the 9th

yes this is what you think it is

if there wasn't other people in this one it would be my favorite

about 6 of these were there

yep... almost a quarter million bux

the night images are difficult to get especially without a flash (which i don't know how to use, or own anyways. for now... will be getting one soon). have to crank the iso and really lay the noise correction on thick in lightroom which kind of smudges things but they still come out kind of decent i think.

the rest are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyman82/ ... 937915276/

oh yeah!
oh yeah!
PostPosted: 06-12-2011 10:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I went to the June Night Drag Races at Dumont Dunes (Mojave Desert, California). There was just enough wind to fuck up your shots, even with a tripod.

Some of the more interesting ones:

(This place is miles and miles of dunes btw)

(We arrived just past peak lighting, will have to come back soon during the day)

(Someone brought a big spot light for the event. If only there were 2 of them....)

(A few guys were racing without lights. I drove around myself and had a hard time telling where the dune ends. Ballsy....)

(Moon lighting!)

The rest: http://monroec.com/?p=515

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-12-2011 10:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last shot is very cool

PostPosted: 06-16-2011 03:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Today is a good day for getting stuff in the mail, the 580ex2 i ordered got here today, as well as the last piece of the puzzle needed to use the tele-extender on the telescope. Time to learn how to use this flash really well :)

here are some zoom examples:
70mm lens

telescope, prime focus with the extender looking at the very top (furthest away) roof

25mm eyepiece, non extended

25mm, extended

and this is with the 9mm piece but i cant remember if it was extended or not

so some big time magnification coming up, it is going to be stupid hard to focus lol

first shot with flash, yay.. bounced it off the cieling

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-16-2011 03:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so all this long lens and no girl-next-door tits?

i am disappoint

PostPosted: 06-16-2011 05:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tata's = bant :olo:

used the flash how i wanted to on the waterdrops, instead of being forced to use the popup. came out much nicer.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-18-2011 09:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice dude

PostPosted: 06-20-2011 08:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

more to come when i get to them

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.