Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        PHOTOS PLEASE

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: PHOTOS PLEASE

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-29-2014 03:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sheeeeiiiitt

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-29-2014 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here are some more (friend's photos)...

Ghostly mist coming from the caves:

Braided roots points directly at the cave entrance (behind the current PoV, which you really have to squeeze into and had it not been pointed out to us would have looked like just a random pile of rocks:

Crawling down the shaft:

One of the larger caverns in the cave. For the most part, we were crawling over each other:

One of my friends. She's got more shoulder muscles than most of you chumps:

Pumping those forearms!:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-30-2014 10:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty cool...jelly even...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-30-2014 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'll see your rocks and raise you one of these

one of these

one of these

and a pooping tiger

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 08-30-2014 01:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

kinda underexposed but i love me some big cats :)

obsidian how were you not terrified on the rocks?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-30-2014 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Climbing is a sport where you need to be absolutely relaxed and calm. It's almost zen-like. When you're climbing, the rest of the world fades away and you are only focused on the rock in an area from where your feet are to about 6 feet above your head. Everything else in the world at that moment is irrelevant. You get the periodic spikes of doubt, but you remember your training and mentally force yourself back into focus. The only time when I've been truly afraid is when I get this sixth sense feeling that something is wrong, so I'll look around and check my equipment, and sure enough I'll spot something that needs correcting.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-30-2014 11:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Pretty cool...jelly even...

Jealous?
Me to.

Nice after hours activity/sport obsidian and I love this bit
"... zen-like. When you're climbing, the rest of the world fades away and you are only focused on the rock ..."

Nice pics seremtan particularly the leopard :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-31-2014 03:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
kinda underexposed

not according to my memory of being there only a week ago they aren't

the weather/lighting was all over the place that day. also, the cheetah shot was taken through a thick glass wall smeared in fingerprints; that really was the best shot i got :/

Whiskey 7 wrote:
leopard

cheetah

PostPosted: 09-01-2014 05:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Big storm tonight, tornado warnings and everything. set up the camera looking out the back window to try and get some lightning and boom, my first almost good lightning shot! over processed as can be :)

and a couple shots from the south fishing pier at the sunshine skyway from probably july (handheld. would have liked to have had the tripod)

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 09-01-2014 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One of the best threads here, awesome pictures. loved the cats. That lightning strike is trippy. Good work all :)

PostPosted: 09-01-2014 06:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

one more that was laying around... Gabby

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-01-2014 10:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
one more that was laying around... Gabby

Nice pussy andyman and I am not a cat lover. All nice photos.

The last pic of 3, fishing pier at the sunshine skyway, what lens & settings was it if you recall?

I stand corrected seremtan re leopard/cheetah :up:

PostPosted: 09-02-2014 12:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lens 24-70L @ 24mm, f7.1, 1/50s, ISO2000 according to the exif.
there's no stabilization on that lens unfortunately

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-02-2014 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
lens 24-70L @ 24mm, f7.1, 1/50s, ISO2000 according to the exif.
there's no stabilization on that lens unfortunately

Yes was wondering re the ISO. I am varying it in some of my pictures but mostly see little change at lower ISOs.

PostPosted: 09-02-2014 01:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There was a lot less light than the picture shows... sun was already past the horizon for a while

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-03-2014 12:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-03-2014 01:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeesh dat HDR

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 09-03-2014 04:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wtf, nobody looks like that when dirt biking... quit posing you poser.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-04-2014 06:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

RIP Dick Butt

PostPosted: 09-04-2014 12:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dick butt will never die

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-04-2014 01:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
yeesh dat HDR

Nope, high ISO.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-04-2014 11:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
seremtan wrote:
yeesh dat HDR

Nope, high ISO.

Nice pictures all the same Doombrain :up:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-05-2014 01:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
wtf, nobody looks like that when dirt biking... quit posing you poser.

lol. 100% race face.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-05-2014 06:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

same perplexed "thinking bout the universe n stuff" face you have on every picture

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-05-2014 11:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can't see from the pic but it's very steep with lots of big, sharp rocks and wet slipy roots everywhere. You have to keep looking where you need to be or you're off and it can/does land you in hospital.

I had the fear as some twat stood in the race line bought be off on practice. I smashed my helmet in two which no doubt saved my life. £150 for a new one so I could race. Mint day though.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-07-2014 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mint Day is the day once a year when all british people get together and brush their teeth.

Interesting

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-07-2014 01:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brillant.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 09-07-2014 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i lol'd

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 09-07-2014 05:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
You can't see from the pic but it's very steep with lots of big, sharp rocks and wet slipy roots everywhere. You have to keep looking where you need to be or you're off and it can/does land you in hospital.

they say that for motorcycle riders as well, but with dirt bikes I figured you need to pay closer attention to shit in front of you, like that fucking log sticking out of the ground in the 2nd pic. as an example. I guess you already mentally checked that from way back when you were looking ahead? but that seems unlikely since that tree trunk you're jumping over and the drop right after it , must have concealed that log from view further back...Maybe it's just the picture angle/timing that's throwing me off. :shrug:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-07-2014 07:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Metal polish, paint chip treatment, rimjob (huehue), full interior detailing, premium handwash, scratch treatment (didn't work, fu Nu Finish), tire gloss, full body polish and wax. 4 hours of my Sunday gone but it was worth it.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-08-2014 12:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

they say that for motorcycle riders as well, but with dirt bikes I figured you need to pay closer attention to shit in front of you, like that fucking log sticking out of the ground in the 2nd pic. as an example. I guess you already mentally checked that from way back when you were looking ahead? but that seems unlikely since that tree trunk you're jumping over and the drop right after it , must have concealed that log from view further back...Maybe it's just the picture angle/timing that's throwing me off. :shrug:

It was full of shit like that. the 2nd pic i cleared a good 15 foot because the group drops away just out of shot.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-08-2014 03:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the lvlshot mystery mod, my bad :up:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-08-2014 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

<3

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-11-2014 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Returned from New Zealand with 2700+ photos :rolleyes:

Here's a brief selection.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-11-2014 10:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks neat wheres foo heh ?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.