Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-11-2012 02:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
exp farm should be an easy enough fix. I'll look in to it once I finish relocating.

didn't realise you were moving

mjrpes wrote:
seremtan, what client mods and texture packs are you using. Looks awesome.

i use magiclauncher instead of the default launcher (enables mod loading and hi-res tex packs without editing/patching jar), optifine (which, as well as adding AF and mipmapping, also adds a load of menu options), and the tex pack is 'soartex fanver' (short for 'fan version', since the creator of soartex gave up, so fans of the packs have continued the work)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-11-2012 05:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

exp farm working again. dunno wtf whoever messed with it was doing but wow

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-12-2012 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just chillin on my verandah

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-12-2012 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
verandaaaaaaaah

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 02-13-2012 07:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't see anything more fun than stacking blocks with graphics that looks like it was made last century. That's some serious escapism.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-13-2012 01:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
exp farm working again. dunno wtf whoever messed with it was doing but wow

cool

i seem to have acquire two mob eggs (cave spider & skeleton). thought these were only available in creative

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-13-2012 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I installed a mod that drops a spawn egg and cage when you destroy a monster block.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-13-2012 03:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shame hostile mobs aren't persistent. could have pets

also, there's no texture for these in soartex FYI

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-15-2012 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's a new snapshot out... looks fun!

http://www.mojang.com/2012/02/15/minecr ... ot-12w07a/

Added new world file format called “Anvil” (256 max height and 4096 block IDs*)
Multi-player light calculations do no longer cause affected blocks to be transmitted to the clients, instead the clients will recalculate the light on their own
Villagers will repopulate villages based on how many houses there are available
Some nights in villages will be worse than others…
Added a redstone-controlled light source
Decreased chance for the rare mob drops
All animals use the new AI system now

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-16-2012 12:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I tried to connect to mc.quake3world.com but got stuck in some kind of shaky limbo state where I kept falling through the floor and then immediately snapped back to my spawning position. I couldn't move around. What gives?

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 02-16-2012 08:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:
I can't see anything more fun than stacking blocks with graphics that looks like it was made last century. That's some serious escapism.

..and it's properly addictive - have got a couple of mates that play and it bores the fucking arse off me when they start talking about minecraft in the pub (which they're periodically dragged to to stop them playing minecraft all the bloody time). we should be talking about sensible, grown-up things that everybody can enjoy, like BF3.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-16-2012 10:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I tried to connect to mc.quake3world.com but got stuck in some kind of shaky limbo state where I kept falling through the floor and then immediately snapped back to my spawning position. I couldn't move around. What gives?

yeah it can happen that the chunk you spawn on is slow to load. just try again when that happens

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 02-16-2012 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Official Lego minecraft set... dunno, I'm a bit underwhelmed by it tbh.

http://legocuusoo.posterous.com/announcing-lego-minecraft-micro-world-the-thi

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 02-16-2012 04:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eh yeah that's dissapointing. I guess painting designs onto the side of the blocks wasn't feasible.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-16-2012 05:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's rubbish

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 02-17-2012 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only reason it exists is cos of this Lego "CUUSOO" thing - japanese for "wish" or something like that I believe. Anyway, you can upload any lego creation to the cuusoo website and if it gets enough people voting for it - over 10,000 - the Lego group considers making it a set. 10,000 votes from minecrafters apparently being very easy to get!

The disappointing thing is that there are far more interesting possibilities trying to garner votes - check this one out: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1787

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-17-2012 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that's much better

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-18-2012 11:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Succesfully connected now. Ran around, mined a shitload of things, ran into a bunch of zombies in a mine after getting lost and died there, losing all my stuff. I was so angry I immediately disconnected. Bastards :mad:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-19-2012 01:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

/back

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-19-2012 03:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

/spawn

also, by 'mine' i assume you actually mean cave

protip: avoid caves when you first start out. dig a 45deg passage down to block 10 and strip mine until you have enough resources for decent armour. it helps if there's someone online when you're on to front you some torches and iron ingots, though

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-25-2012 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

can whoever put the sign on top of my new tower remove it plz?

bukkit means other people's signs can't be removed FYI, so be careful where you put them

thx

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-25-2012 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You should be able to break other people's signs now. Also enabled breaking other people's rail.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-25-2012 11:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cool :up:

i hope that doesn't include signs on chests :paranoid:

i don't mind not being able to break other people's signs, i just want them to not put them in retarded places

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-01-2012 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so 1.2.2 is out

can we hold off on it until everything's been updated (bukkit, textures, optifine etc)?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-01-2012 09:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes, definitely.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 02:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So... just got sonic ethers shaders working (enables shadows). The only way it worked for me was not using magic launcher. You get some really nice looking shots...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 04:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So whats this Minecraft thing all about then?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 05:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a lot of fun. I now play on smp.hcfactions.net

It's hardcore, you guys should join and we can createa Q3W clan. If you die, you lose all your shit and are banned for 5 days.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 06:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It seems to be a standard timeframe for hardcore servers. It's incidentally PVP. You create factions and war with other factions. People try to get creative with bases to keep enemies out. It's quite fun and well... dying has real consequences since your killer loots all your gear.

Currently I've created a hidden base up in a jungle tree. It's completely camouflaged from the ground and surrounded by forrest so it's unlikely to get noticed. My plan is to encase a portion of the base in obsidian and fill it with lava then when some asshole decides he's gonna break in anyway he'll get a nice facefull of lava plus whatever other trap I design to activate when the block is broken. Or something.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 06:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
My plan is to encase a portion of the base in obsidian and fill it with lava then when some asshole decides he's gonna break in anyway he'll get a nice facefull of lava plus whatever other trap I design to activate when the block is broken. Or something.

:olo: :up:

still not tempted to play but PVP sounds like it could be tons of fun.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 06:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
If you die, you lose all your shit and are banned for 5 days.

Sounds awesome on first connect as a newbie getting your face split in two by an experienced player's ax in the first 2 minutes.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
So... just got sonic ethers shaders working (enables shadows). The only way it worked for me was not using magic launcher. You get some really nice looking shots..

nice :up:

shame it doesn't work with magic launcher. shame also that optifine isn't compatible with the water shader. this + that + OF = super excellent win

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 09:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
It's a lot of fun. I now play on smp.hcfactions.net

It's hardcore, you guys should join and we can createa Q3W clan. If you die, you lose all your shit and are banned for 5 days.

so, kinda like CA, only even less fun

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol another victim of CA...noob

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-05-2012 11:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Κracus wrote:
If you die, you lose all your shit and are banned for 5 days.

Sounds awesome on first connect as a newbie getting your face split in two by an experienced player's ax in the first 2 minutes.

your biggest killer will actually be starvation, that's your real enemy. The player you can run from or outwit. Everything has been reset right now for 1.2 so it's a good time to join in but in the last game I had created a base with a pool. In the pool was a hold I could use to escape into an obsidian room which had 1 exit once you went out a switch activated a piston door and blocked the way in and the way out and it was fill with water and it was pitch black in there. I never got to use it but it was my escape route in the event of an attack.

it's minecraft, be creative that's why it's called a hardcore server...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.