Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        What is new in your little world?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: What is new in your little world?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-28-2017 08:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Here's the super C we are taking to Colorado... Jellus?...

yea ey

eventually i will rv it :erg:

until then it flights and resort houses

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-28-2017 09:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
How busy is RMNP? Some areas of Yellowstone were like a bad day at six flags (old faithful/yellowstone falls). Huge coach buses full of chinese tourist who were way overdressed for outdoor activities. It only got better as you traveled to more remote areas.

I read that the number one cause of death in Glacier was drownings and the number one cause in Yellowstone was traffic accidents.

Also how are the bears? There were a couple trails closed in Glacier due to grizzly activity.

I might do Utah/Colorado next summer.

RMNP is one of the busiest parks, regardless of the time of year, due to its proximity to Denver. Being the middle of Summer, I'd be willing to bet it's fucking packed.

Bears aren't too bad in Colorado. They are around, but they're just Black Bears (they may look brown, but they're still a Black Bear species). Black Bears are scared of humans and attacks are extremely rare...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-28-2017 01:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Right, saw a half dozen or so black bears. Only one small grizzly, but in hindsight it could've been a black bear with lighter fur. It ran away pretty quick. Grizzly signs are plastered everywhere and they don't suggest hiking without bear spray.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-29-2017 07:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shaft - that trip looked mega :up:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-30-2017 04:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep Shaft, jelly of your holidays. There's a tonne of MTBer meets bear videos and they are all worth a watch.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-30-2017 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Going away for 4 days. I'll be celebrating Canada's 150th year by camping, canoeing, climbing by the Bruce Peninsula.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-30-2017 09:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Yep Shaft, jelly of your holidays. There's a tonne of MTBer meets bear videos and they are all worth a watch.

I've seen a few, crazy.

In Jackson, on that mountain in the third and forth pic. Most of the snow was gone, so on the lower runs they converted the lifts to carry up mountain bikes. People would go up with their bikes and ride the trails down. Looked fun as hell. Maybe you have something similar over where you are.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-30-2017 09:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Shaft - that trip looked mega :up:

thanks. this week has been really boring :disgust:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-30-2017 09:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Going away for 4 days. I'll be celebrating Canada's 150th year by camping, canoeing, climbing by the Bruce Peninsula.

free park admission!

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-01-2017 09:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

I've seen a few, crazy.

In Jackson, on that mountain in the third and forth pic. Most of the snow was gone, so on the lower runs they converted the lifts to carry up mountain bikes. People would go up with their bikes and ride the trails down. Looked fun as hell. Maybe you have something similar over where you are.

Yep, it's called 'uplift' but because we don't have the mountains there's only one large enough to have a ski lift in Scotland. We put the bikes on a bike trailer that can take about 28 bikes at a time. Great fun it can be dangerous as my lower intestine found out in May.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-01-2017 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some shots from our 180 mile ride today.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-01-2017 05:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
free park admission!

lol poor ppl...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-01-2017 08:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No one cares about Gramps's HDR oversaturated shit pics...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-01-2017 08:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
obsidian wrote:

free park admission!

On this note. Why don't they make it worth buying the annual pass for the national parks? I wish you could buy a lifetime pass. My wife and I are trying to hit all 59 and I'd gladly pay a good bit for a lifetime. At $20 a park I'm sure they could make it worth it...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-01-2017 08:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*shurgs*

idk, we paid the $80 for the annual all park admission. Worked for Badlands, Rushmore, Devils Tower, Tetons, Yellowstone and Glacier. I think we got our monies worth. I agree though, a lifetime pass would be great.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-01-2017 08:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
shaft wrote:
free park admission!

lol poor ppl...

National Parks in Canada are free this year to celebrate the 150th anniversary.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-01-2017 09:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the annual is worth it when you do a big trip like you and you're hitting 5+ parks. But most of the time the only people that can do that are the retirees.

I think the 100 year anniversary for the U.S. parks was last year. They had some good deals, but I don't remember it being free all year. That's cool of Canada...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-02-2017 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

we go to the mountains every year

we dont do a lot of the roadside restroom stops like shaft

just the gondola rides cool mountain deck walks ,boat rides helicopter rides mountain biking luxury resorts , fine food etc..

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-02-2017 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
we go to the mountains every year

we dont do a lot of the roadside restroom stops like shaft

just the gondola rides cool mountain deck walks ,boat rides helicopter rides mountain biking luxury resorts , fine food etc..

OWNAGE!!!...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-02-2017 04:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You two texting each other like teenage girls trying to come up with a troll for my attention is pathetic.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-02-2017 11:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shaft has gone full retard... Imagining things to suppress the intense envy he has for the more fortunate ones like plained and me... Understandable, but pathetic... Grow up coupon boy...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We leave for Cuba next Monday. :cool:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 08:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Going to Florida for a week in October #swampfest

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 08:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stop by and I'll let you ride bitch on the Harley.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 08:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Going to Florida for a week in October #swampfest

Hurricane season :up:

What ya goin for?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 08:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hurricane chasing ;)

Going with Lady Carlos to stay with my Mum for a week. She has a villa there for 3 weeks while she does some travelling about the quays etc. Thought I'd make use of it :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 09:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 09:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Potential launch from Cape Canaveral while I'm there which would be awesome :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Potential launch from Cape Canaveral while I'm there which would be awesome :D

You have to get a picture if possible! Please :)

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 06:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shot from tonight... :cool:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 08:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks great yg

yea the hdr is overdone on your pics lately but hey wtf i still like the pics

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Absolutely no HDR on this image shot with my Pixel.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 08:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Poor ppl phones usually can't catch the natural beauty of landscapes... But that pic is pretty nice...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-03-2017 09:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

its a sony ccd :mad:

:olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-05-2017 06:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

picking up the rv tomorrow...kinda scared of the next two weeks...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.