Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        DiRT 4

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: DiRT 4

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-26-2017 02:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Procedural tracks seem kind of interesting, but I never really got into rally racers.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-30-2017 10:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-30-2017 01:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meh

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-30-2017 02:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
Meh

here puss puss... :|

Wanna play a racing game, play Driveclub, Trackmania Turbo or Forza Horizon 3 :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-30-2017 10:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trackmania Nations is still a popular activity among me and my colleagues. We even had a Trackmania-only LAN party after work till the wee hours of the morning not too long ago.
Entry fee was a custom made racing track we would play that evening. People get crazy creative at that shit by now.

I made a half-assed track in the shape of a dick with cactusses as pubic hair with YMCA blaring as background music track and pictures of all sort of gay people on the billboards and superimposed on the HUD. The screen would fade to a pinkish hue after the first lap to drive home the gayness.

Nobody wanted to race it again. The bigot lot of em

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 01:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hahaha
It's great fun - I love the short tracks where you can really hone your line and shave thousandths of a second off each others time :D

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 05:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I still play the odd forza game now and then. I played in the ESL league not long ago and made top 200 but couldn't crack the 128th position I was hoping for.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 11:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I want to drive properly, I go to a track in a proper car or I go karting.

I play games for fun against my mates and short daps work for us. I don't have time/want to spend 20 hours learning a 5 stage race in a game - I want my half an hour to be spent enjoying myself.

Horses for courses, innit.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
If I want to drive properly, I go to a track in a proper car or I go karting.

I play games for fun against my mates and short daps work for us. I don't have time/want to spend 20 hours learning a 5 stage race in a game - I want my half an hour to be spent enjoying myself.

Horses for courses, innit.

That involves going outside and having friends, not an option for memph.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 12:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm confused with what you need to try and compete with? :confused:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
ye, you might find most adults just get on with their own shit, rather than go banging on doors asking if timmy can come out to play today

>adult
>plays 40 hours of video games per week

lel

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 12:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
I'm confused with what you need to try and compete with? :confused:

"I can drive properly I just don't want to and/or have the time"

I said I can drive properly in a real car (videos of me on here of Spa, Karting...maybe my Rally Driving course) and I didn't want to spend my time learning a 'serious' racing game.
Perhaps when I was younger I would have smashed the time in; I used to with the Gran Turismo games - I used to get involved with gear ratios, damper setting, roll rates, ride heights etc. But now I don't want to do that. I like gaming still, but I like pick up and play games more than in-depth games.

Chill brah.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 12:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

That's it - I'm done :olo: That's hands down one of the most retarded things I've ever seen you type :olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 12:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
If you can't pick up and play a driving simulator then you can't drive Image

Quoted for retardedness

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lmao, memph's never been in a real car except for the time his blind date shoved him in a cab and told the driver to get as far as possible.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 12:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dirt and Trackmania are two polar opposites of each other. Not sure what Memphis is getting at.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 01:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Let's see him play with that.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 01:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Rally is the purest form of driving. If you can't control a car off-road, you are betwixt that of a big clit and tiny penis Image

Wha? We were talking about enjoying Trackmania (more than Dirt). That's just an opinion man.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 01:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also I'm not a rally driver. I couldn't do that in a real car, as I've found out while doing my rally driving course. I was competent enough but nowhere near that level. Do you think you'd be?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 01:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis probably thinks he's a shit-hot guitar shredder because he scores gold medals in Guitar Hero.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 01:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do own a wheel and pedals - but they are in a box until my house is ready. Also my setup is nowhere near that level. And I don't think saying 'I snagged a cheap wheel and pedals' is boasting to be fair.

If it makes you feel better, you're the best at games. Well done.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 01:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You crack on. I'll sit here content in the knowledge I'm the one out of the both of us that's spent a day rally driving in a forrest in North Wales :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 01:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 02:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Eraser wrote:
Memphis probably thinks he's a shit-hot guitar shredder because he scores gold medals in Guitar Hero.

'cos guitar hero has teh best string physix Image

About as good as the steering wheel physics of a dual shock 4

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 02:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Stars.

:paranoid:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

Let's see him play with that.

:olo:

/thread

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-31-2017 10:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Stars.

:paranoid:

I actually spent a good 2 minutes trying to remember how your performance was rated in GH but really couldn't remember :owned:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-11-2017 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ hey slag, recommend me a controller for the masterace

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-05-2017 03:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally got this a few days ago, it's quite the blast honestly. Just playing the career mode right now to earn some funds but the few online games I tried were a blast. I like how the graphics aren't shit hot but the gameplay is wicked good. Except of course for when your rear tire slightly brushes against the rocks on the outside of a turn and flips the whole car over.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.