Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-08-2012 04:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Get's extra points ...

"G e t ' s"? WTF?!

Why didn't you write an apostrophe for "point's" aswell? :olo:

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 01-08-2012 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS is ON IT today

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-08-2012 08:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Drive and the new Sherlock Holmes. Not big rubbish would recommend.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 01-09-2012 03:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
Get's extra points ...

"G e t ' s"? WTF?!

"aswell"?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-09-2012 03:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also, "points".
otherwise the sentence doesnt make much sense.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 01-09-2012 04:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Skin I Live In
7.5/10

Suitably bizarre, nicely shot, fucked up subject matter and elena anaya is an instant boner-inducer.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 01-09-2012 09:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you can see one of her nipples on the internet. Not sure if it's the good nipple.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 01-10-2012 04:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

kill list - 4/10
ultimately disappointing british kitchen sink drama/incredibly violent horror.

there's one scene near the beginning where the leading lady's tits are casually bulging out of her sweater as she argues with her husband on the stairs and he ignores their wobbly magnificence; if this was intentional then it's brilliant and makes the couple instantly believable. there are a few genuine laughs and plenty of semi-improvised scenes that wouldn't be out of place in a mike leigh film. the lighting is good and locations are used very well on what was clearly a tiny budget.

this has been getting a lot of good reviews and it feels like a clever movie - but it isn't. the actors are all better than the material (except the dark-haired girl who seems miscast) and there are so gaps in the story that i can't think of a single one to point out without creating spoilers. it's poorly researched, the sound is terrible, the pacing is slow and wonky and the ending is about as satisfying as losing an erection. avoid unless you're a big fan of dreariness and irritation.

die hard 3 (it was on iplayer) - 10/10
a silly plot and a few overly cheesy lines aren't enough to tarnish the perfect sequel to die hard 1.
after the eggy burp that was die hard 2, john mctiernan returns to show people how it's fucking done.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-10-2012 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Carlos- 7.5/10

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-12-2012 10:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Untouchables 1987

You have probably seen it years ago and I just watched for only the 2nd time in probably 20+ years.

Still great. Worth you view.

Great parts played by the following
Kevin Costner asEliot Ness
Sean Connery as Jim Malone :up:
Charles Martin Smith as Agent Oscar Wallaceia
Andy Garcia as Agent George Stone \ Giuseppe Petri
Robert De Niro as Al Capone :up:

IMDB

8.5/10

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-13-2012 01:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
Get's extra points ...

"G e t ' s"? WTF?!

:shrug:

So my spelling isn't the best...never mind

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-14-2012 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We're No Angels

IMDB

Gawd, made before I was born :eek:

Starred Humphrey Bogart, Peter Ustinov and Aldo Ray. All great parts.

Briefly, 3 escaped convicts from Devils Island do a good deed or two with the aid of a pet in a box.

Get a change, worth a look... 8/10

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 01-14-2012 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tailor Tinker Solder Spy

6/10
It was probably good but it's just really boring. When you find out who the mole is it's like... who?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-15-2012 05:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

12 Angry Men = 7/10 - A friend suggested this classic. Nicely shot as well.

Crazy, Stupid, Love = 6/10 - Typical date movie. I'd fuck the freckles off of Emma Stone's face.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-16-2012 03:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Darkest Hour 1/10

Shockingly bad. I don't even. What. Why. Without a doubt the worst movie i've seen in years.

And the worst thing is that i actually paid money for it (we were going to see a late showing of J Edgar but we failed at being on time and this was all we could get into). Avoid this piece of shit excuse for a brainless alien invasion movie, don't even download when you are terminally bored. I'm still angry, can you tell?

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy 6/10

Good acting and good filmy stuff, too bad the script was a goddamn mess. I didn't know what was going on, why who was doing what and when.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 01-16-2012 03:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Paranormal Activity 3
Same old stuff really. What really impresses me about these films is that they cost nothing to make, yet they generate insane box office revenue. Expect another 10 or so sequels, all essentially the same film with the same tricks.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 01-16-2012 03:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Hello. My Name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Good old Princess Bride.
Shockingly low budget, but delightfully playful with superb performances all round from a cast quite blatantly enjoying themselves. I've seen it before, and read the book, but it's always fun to watch and a great pick-me-up movie.

And Peter Falk played a wonderful Grampa. A shame he died last year, and even more so that he couldn't even remember the Columbo character towards the end.

Oh yeah, I also watched Troll Hunter, which was fun but nothing outstanding.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-16-2012 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brisk wrote:
Paranormal Activity 3
Same old stuff really. What really impresses me about these films is that they cost nothing to make, yet they generate insane box office revenue. Expect another 10 or so sequels, all essentially the same film with the same tricks.

You actually watched a sequel (a second sequel no less) of Paranormal Activity...the most worthless effort of film-making in the history of the universe?

You're either terminally retarded or just someone who I should really feel sorry for.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 01-16-2012 08:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sherlock Holmes 2: Game of Shadows - 6/10. Yeah, it's a sequel. Would have been better, but Guy Ritchie apparently gets off on slow-mo fight/running scenes as much as Michael Bay. Just another hollow celebrity vehicle crapped out by hollywood.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-21-2012 08:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

menkent wrote:
Sherlock Holmes 2: Game of Shadows - 6/10. Yeah, it's a sequel. Would have been better, but Guy Ritchie apparently gets off on slow-mo fight/running scenes as much as Michael Bay. Just another hollow celebrity vehicle crapped out by hollywood.

Yes saw this just a couple of hours ago. Like menkent says but I'd give it a little more.

I personally didn't mind the slow motion stuff but it certainly didn't need any more.

Great visuals and yes it is obliviously 95% cgi but still worth your look.
Yes a sequel and I wouldn't mind a 3rd somewhere as there is still more for Sherlock in his mission.
No spoilers but I did like the urban camouflage.

7.5/10

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 01-22-2012 04:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sugar hill (1974, not the tv edit) - 6/10, 8 if you like the genre.

most female-lead/blaxploitation/revenge movies start with a solid half hour of horrible shit being heaped onto the heroine before the tide starts to turn - with this one, the theme tune is only just fading out when the fate of the bad guys is sealed. the next hour and ten minutes are wall to wall cheesy dialog, ridiculous clothes and silver-eyed voodoo zombies.

Quote:
sugar: you and your punk friends killed my man.
tank: y'know, you got one of the prettiest asses in town. i'd sure hate to see it kicked in for accusing people.
sugar: i'm not accusing you tank, i'm passing sentence - and the sentence is death.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 01-22-2012 04:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
brisk wrote:
Paranormal Activity 3

You actually watched a sequel (a second sequel no less) of Paranormal Activity...the most worthless effort of film-making in the history of the universe?

You're either terminally retarded or just someone who I should really feel sorry for.

What can I say, i'm a masochist for shit films and I need help.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-22-2012 12:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just watched Lonely Hearts with the pop. Decent flick, not done poorly but nothing really stands out either. Worth a watch if you have nothing going on but I won't watch it again.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-28-2012 11:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Grey 7/10

Good flick. I didn't know it was going to be a horror film, but it definitely had that aspect. Liam has for sure found his niche as a badass.

Oh, and if you go see it, stay until after the credits. :D

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-29-2012 06:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Inception:
Why so many morons banging on about this, as if it was the next Matrix? Seemed most of the fx budget was blown by 30mins in and the rest was unsuspenseful muppetery with an obvious ending. We're going to a dream within a dream within a ...SNORE.
5/10

THANK YOU

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-29-2012 07:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
EtUL wrote:
Just watched Lonely Hearts with the pop. Decent flick, not done poorly but nothing really stands out either. Worth a watch if you have nothing going on but I won't watch it again.

you watch chick flicks with your dad?

It was a chick flick?

Guess I didn't pay that much attention.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 01-30-2012 08:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i liked Life Aquatic, though the rest of the world apparently hated it.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-30-2012 09:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Life Aquatic was great and you should watch it again because you'll notice more background funny.

Steve: No exceptions. Everyone gets one. Anne-Marie! Do the interns get glocks?
Anne-Marie: No. They all share one.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-30-2012 09:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

/////////////////slides in

Don't be nice to Ali. He's my nemesis.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-30-2012 10:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

Vickrum! What kind of coverage are you getting?

Seriously Life Aquatic is good stuff.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-30-2012 11:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*Walks into Ali's, ex wife is there with her hunky young lover. Steve is asking for money*

Steve: Who's that dude?

Ex: That's my research assistant, Javier.
Javier, presento Steve.

Steve: You know, I'd be jealous about you staying at Allie's place except I always thought he was kind of a closet queer.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-30-2012 11:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay that's enough, whole film is gold

also raw sucks

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 01-31-2012 02:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched Drive at the weekend.
Given the title, I was expecting some cool car chases. It didn't deliver.
It wasn't a bad film. On the contrary, it was pretty cool. Just not what I was expecting.
It was also incredibly violent; probably needlessly so. I'm not prudish at all, but sometimes I think violence works better when it's implied rather than graphically depicted. Otherwise it can seem out of place. Much like how I felt they didn't need to show the physical state of Jake Gylenhaal's character in Source Code; there, a simple shot of the box would have sufficed.
Sometimes graphic violence just feels out of place when considering the overall tone of a movie.

Edit:
Oh yeah, I also watched Red State recently. Good film, and not what you would expect from Kevin Smith. Sure, it had some punchy dialogue, but it was very dark in tone with nothing really played for laughs. It felt more like a Coen Brothers film. Good stuff.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-31-2012 03:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Labyrinth 7/10

Kids movie about a girl trapped in a goblin labyrinth, in search of her baby brother that was stolen by the evil goblin king David Bowie. Very bad eighties stuff mixed with muppets and some very bad bowie songs, what's not to like?

Drive 6/10
I think mostly the same things that Matt does, not bad but also not memorable in any way - and what was with the misplaced ultraviolence? The blurb i read made me expect a very different movie. Weird.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-31-2012 04:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
The Labyrinth 7/10

Kids movie about a girl trapped in a goblin labyrinth, in search of her baby brother that was stolen by the evil goblin king David Bowie. Very bad eighties stuff mixed with muppets and some very bad bowie songs, what's not to like?

Jim Henson did the puppets for the movie :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.