Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Leaked BF2 Patch Details

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Leaked BF2 Patch Details

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 02:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.bluesnews.com/

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=369755

Quote:
BF2 patch 1.03
Alpha - 2 Sept
· Beta - 19 Sept
· Final - 23 Sept
· CQC/ECG Sub - 28 Sept
· Release - 3 Oct

Wake Island· In a surprise move, forces of the People's Liberation Army have attacked and captured Wake Island in a bid to threaten US lines of supply. USMC forces have been short-stopped from their deployment in Manchuria to respond to this new threat. The airbase on Wake Island is the lynchpin of the Chinese air threat, however it is highly susceptible to ground attack from either the northern

Compare Feature· By clicking the COMPARE button in BFHQ, you can search for another players name and load their current stats into BFHQ. Using the arrow buttons next to the name in the top-left corner of the menu, you can toggle between your stats and their stats. You can also load a player's stats by double-clicking on their name in any leaderboard.

Favorites/History· There is a new tab in the MULTIPLAYER menu that holds a list of the last 20 internet servers you have connected to, plus a list of servers you have selected as favorites.

BF2 Account Tag · You can add a 6-character prefix to your account nickname which will be displayed in-game next to your nametag in the scoresheet, in game messages, and above your player. This prefix does not change your account name or statistic information (e.g. the prefix does not appear next to your name on the leaderboards). You can change this prefix at any time at the account login menu.

Server Reserved Slots· Server admins can define a list of player BF2 account names which will reserve VIP slots on the server.

Engineer/Helicopter· Modified the rate at which engineer can repair a helicopter while sitting in the helicopter. It now takes longer for the engineer to repair the helicopter.

Vehicle/Control Point Capture· Only one person in a vehicle counts towards a control point capture. If passengers want to increase the rate of the flag change, they must disembark from the vehicle.

Vehicle/Soldier interaction· Improved physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not as easily killed by moving vehicles. Bring on the wing-walkers!

Auto Balance· Auto team balance no longer moves the commander or squad leaders to the other team.

Point Farming· Limits placed on ability to point farm.

Rank/Awards· Criteria for gaining ranks and awards has been changed.

Supply Drop· The commander's supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D-map icon in the world.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 02:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hope they fix the lag issues on the larger, ranked servers.

Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 03:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wake island, yay

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 03:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fix the gay nade launcher: Way too many noobs who cant aim to save their souls walk around getting insta kills 10 feet away as if its a rocketlauncher. Where's the skill in that? Their should be a minimal spin distance for them to go off.

fix hit detection: do i need to explain?

fix AA gun: fire a perfect shot at enemy copter, it manages to miss or better yet hit a teammate copter nowhere around

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 03:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There should be a minimum arming distance for the 203 rounds, but I don't see that many people using it. It's not as though a grenade launcher is a railgun, though. Not having to aim much is sort of the point.

I'd also like to see the SRAW able to take down a helicopter with one shot also. You can't possibly make anyone think an anti-tank weapon won't split a chopper in half. Same thing with the AA missiles. If they're going to have the flares work as well as they do, the missiles should at least be realistic.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 04:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
I'd also like to see the SRAW able to take down a helicopter with one shot also. You can't possibly make anyone think an anti-tank weapon won't split a chopper in half. Same thing with the AA missiles. If they're going to have the flares work as well as they do, the missiles should at least be realistic.

Indeed, yes.

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 04:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I want to be able to kick dust up in peoples faces.

bzzzzt
bzzzzt
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 04:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This kinda sucks. I usually jump in a blackhawk and capture flags while repairing it.

Vehicle/Control Point Capture· Only one person in a vehicle counts towards a control point capture. If passengers want to increase the rate of the flag change, they must disembark from the vehicle.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 04:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My biggest gripe atm is how flying vehicles are overpowered - mostly because they're such a bitch to bring down - but Nightshade's suggestion would go a long way towards evening the odds.

I also would like to see some sort of ingame buddy system, so that i can find out what server other people i know are playing.

And for the love of god, allow granades for the AT class.

There.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 04:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ALLiED wrote:
This kinda sucks. I usually jump in a blackhawk and capture flags while repairing it.

Are you kidding, it´s a good thing. All those flags you cap in your heli give you points, but those two guys hiding behind that building will cap the flag right back once you fuck off again.

I very much like the idea of actually having to control the area before you can cap the flag.

PostPosted: 09-12-2005 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it reduces blackwhoring, which is a good thing

PostPosted: 09-12-2005 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they also need to give the helicopters less hitpoints, now they're just flying fortresses, especially the blackhawk with it's splash damage miniguns

the AA tanks are more vulnerable to the blackhawk's minigun than the blackhawk is to the AA-tanks guns and missiles

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 07:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ALLiED wrote:

lol too bad no more cheap points. Now we may actually see some real combat instead of a blackhawk going around capturing all the flags in a single minute.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 08:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grudge wrote:

I think this is an over-rated problem. I've yet to see anyone effectively dominate a map with the Blackhawk. Hell, I've taken them down with a T-90. :icon25:

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 08:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

October? Haha, ea is the only company that can delay a fucking patch twice.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 08:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
Grudge wrote:

I think this is an over-rated problem. I've yet to see anyone effectively dominate a map with the Blackhawk. Hell, I've taken them down with a T-90. :icon25:

Really? At the start of the game, 5 of us load up in a chopper. (1) Pilot, (2) Engineers (for repair), (2) Others, maybe a medic (on guns). We can fly around for quite some time taking spawn points while being repaired in flight.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 08:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haven't seen it firsthand, but I know it happens. My point is that the right combination of ATs and Support pukes can take down a Blackhawk without a huge amount of difficulty.

neh
neh
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 11:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

black whoring is an arse - this patch sounds like it would really help - been on some servers and it got the point where someone had to go specops and load up a chopper with c4 and suicide angainst the black whore .. lol - boring as fuck for the game but funny as fuck just giving up playing and watching this mad dance of death as two transport copters have a kamikazi dog fight .. lol

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.