Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Question: Audio editing

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Question: Audio editing

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 02:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have several .wav files of audio test tones that I'm using for a design project. The problem is that they're way too short, either one or two seconds. What can I use to make them as long as I want?

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 02:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A hammer.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 02:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

..although it might have a bug with short files, can't remember.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 02:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:icon14: Great 4days. Thanks. I too have been looking for something like this.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 03:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4days wrote:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

..although it might have a bug with short files, can't remember.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 03:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If the tone frequency doesn't change at all, you can just copy and paste in a wav editor like audacity or soundforge. If it does change tho, your best solution would be to timestretch, though understand this may also affect the pitch.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 05:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If they are regular test tones - like sin/cos, white noises, etc - you can recreate them inside Audacity.

Otherwise, copy/paste the sample back to back and blend the part where the two samples meet (gets rid of the audible click).

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 09:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
audacity is good for recording, but for editing I recommend goldwave

what's better about Goldwave's editing?

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 09-12-2005 10:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

interesting, i'm gonna check it out. thx.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.