Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        BETA: thomasc4 - Aussenposten 08

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: BETA: thomasc4 - Aussenposten 08

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 11-04-2009 04:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi!

I hope you will let me do a conversion of your map for EF like I did with Trickster:
http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/S ... ster;63704

BTW are you planning to add environmental sounds to the map? I always found realistic environments without sounds a bit "lifeless", like frozen in time.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 11-06-2009 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey guys, thanks very much for your feedback! I'm still working on it, but my spare time shrinked down to a few hours per week again ... so it'll be a little bit before I can update the map.
@Salinga: Sure you can, no problem at all.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-11-2011 02:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

another qfraggel map is always welcome, screenies looks tremendous.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-11-2011 05:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's an impressive map right there Why no final version? It's a pity to abandon such a masterpiece of a map like that.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-09-2011 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Let's not forget this is an impressive 1 1/2 year bump by nitin77 ;)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-08-2011 05:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i just had a quick look at your map and thought i'd say a few positives and maybe 1 negative.

i like the overbounce on the rail gun pad, the lift for the haste is good - it sets up some nice exchanges between this and the other lift and the powerup itself really opens up the top. also the rl ammo is really well placed for the feel you are going for (not easy!) which brings me to the rl - only the 1! i understand the use of 1rg/1rl for the type of play you are setting up but why oh why! does this always happen on the maps just begging for rocket jumps - very stressful - grrrr. i wanna be that guy, the one with the rocket launcher/armor/health - doesn't everyone - no hogging now! :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-22-2015 06:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i just stumbled upon q-fraggel's old maps on lvlworld and there was a comment to this thread; i hadn't been able to find it for years. although it's not as impressive in 2015 as it once was, this is still an awesome map and it's a shame it wasn't released. sigh... unfinished maps like these make quake feel so dead!

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 03-23-2015 12:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The map AEdm7 inherited the AP shader and texture from :)

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 03-24-2015 06:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I sent Qfraggel an email at around the end of last year, asking him about this map, and he replied saying that he had just kind of abandoned it because real life had gotten in the way. /shrug ..maybe if more people email him expressing their interest in it, it might make him jump back onto it .. it is an awesome map, and I sent it to someone to add it to their server for a week and I got to play it online against a good group of people ..was fun

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-24-2015 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Id would be awesome to see QFraggle again in here.
He already did amazing work when i started to do Q3 stuff in 2001.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.