Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        TGA and photoshop 7 - broken alpha channel

Post new topicThis topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: TGA and photoshop 7 - broken alpha channel

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 07:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

im having an old issue with saving the alpha channel in tga files with photoshop 7..

seems to me, i remember a tga alpha channel file format plugin...

ive searched for it and found nada..

the alpha channel is there when i open a tga file.. but if i save it.. though the alpha cha nel remains in the tga.. the shader shows black in game.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 08:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds more like a material issue then if the alpha channel is correct and in the texture (in Photoshop)?

Post either the material and/or the texture .tga

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some previous photoshop versions has problems TGAs, it's fixed in the newer ones.

Should be a fix for 7 around adobes site...

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yah one of the file i have tried.. its a export/save tga format modifier and its there.. yet the tgas still dont alpha correctly. been u-singing +add where id rather be playing with alpha channels

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 11:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

skinNCNmaster wrote:
u-singing

I'm okay with international language people who are trying their best to form proper spelling and sentence structure but making honest mistakes, but you are being cryptic on purpose and it's getting tiring. To be quite frank, start typing with real words from an English dictionary or you will lose your privilege to post here. Yes, posting here is a privilege, not a right. Don't say I didn't warn you.

BTW, see here (first link from the top):
http://tinyurl.com/23brz9u

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and yet another threat for being unique

obsidian.. you want to stop threatening me and using the synonym warning.. its the same thing..

one type of threat is the same as another type of threat.

A threat is a serious thing.. you want to go down the path of discrimination with me? REALLY?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@skinNCNmaster: Being unique is one thing...but dang, reading your posts is like trying to decipher some ancient code with no reference point.

Being unique is great. I've seen screens of your maps; it is your work makes you unique.

Posting made up words is just kind of annoying imho.

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 01:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

all words are made up. reading anyones posts is that way. the difference between me and you is i let people post ANYTHING. and i wont restrict them from INVENTING

LANGUAGE IS CODE.
MATH.

"YOU KNOW="UNO"=UNE+O=10

when we ask "you know?" we are sending a slang "TEN?" out and asking to confirm touque on firm.

....YOU ..K NOW.

or "uec a now" (uec is cue spelled reversed, or a method of inverting the one into a zero

words define ones and zeros, lights and darks, ups and downs, and dont try to tell me they dont, because the conversations humanity is gibberishing about is a rating methodology.

you rate. rate me rate you rate actions rate objects.

its called -jur(yu

and dependant upon the jur if it is in-jur or purr-jur[re

youguys purr-jur for few things...
and you in-jur many things.

claiming to be in the right you behavin in the wrong

mathematically, we argue with sloppy fractions. words saying up or down.
you guys sure do come to me with a lot of down deliveries...

the difficult thing with humans is they shout and yell and are adamant about just ice and rites, but wont examine the core structure of language itself tool earn about root natural language..

we didnt make these words.... they made us.

Last edited by skinNCNmaster on 06-06-2010 01:30 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 01:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Swift and Deadly
Swift and Deadly
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

skinNCNmaster wrote:
and yet another threat for being unique

obsidian.. you want to stop threatening me and using the synonym warning.. its the same thing..

one type of threat is the same as another type of threat.

A threat is a serious thing.. you want to go down the path of discrimination with me? REALLY?

What he said isn't a threat. A threat would be of someone telling you that they are going to shot you, or something of that nature.
Trying to be cryptic with everything you say when posting to people in here doesn't help matters, especially if someone is trying to get help with a problem and you come across with "u-singing" "or " FAH *cough "U" doH "P" bitch". Looking at that, someone could answer that first one with, "Nope, I'm not singing".
There are numerous posts from you with stuff like that in it. If you want to help people with mapping and general help items, it would really help them if you were typing/talking in ways that would actually help them and not confuse them.

I've made a comment about trying to figure out what it is you were talking about in a different thread, and I made it because it is tiring to try and figure out what in the hell you are saying. I don't find it amusing to have to go through and try to decrypt your sentences.

Edit: I also want to point out that getting shitty with mods is not a way for you to keep your privilege of posting here. You got mouthy when I posted a general warning to all that were derailing and trolling in Nouren's thread and you have done it in other threads. If you want to flame someone or go on a banter with somebody, do it in the void.

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 01:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

your thing is you have a parental(pay-rental}payer-ent'al] foot in this place and think we are your children.

VERY few sentences have been types with the true spelling.

i keep typing in english.. 4U folks (1)who R}ent "ed"uec}8.ID(A|ti+D
--------->
math for those who are creative enough

me clear with meek lear

a wise man might ask what an "eight Id." is.

Swift and Deadly
Swift and Deadly
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 01:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

skinNCNmaster wrote:
your thing is you have a parental foot in this place and think we are your children.

What the fuck?! I am part of the moderation team, moderating posts and trying to keep things in line and appropriate for this forum. That is what I am supposed to do as a mod. If you have a problem with the mods here and think that it is a right to post here, go else where. It is a privilege to post here, not a right.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

someone ban this moron

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 01:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

moder is a slang way to say mother
(french dont pronounce th, it becomes a d (d is the erect penis symbol)
mother-rating us is fun isnt is mom?

was it the celestine prophecy which so aptly defined a few of the "control behaviors" which are much truer roots digging into all sorts of places, like this one for example. Be honest with yourselves. I'm honest with you.

Swift and Deadly
Swift and Deadly
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 01:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Consider yourself moderated.

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 06-06-2010 05:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh now I see why I'm being asked to ban this moron.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.