Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Texures problem

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Texures problem

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-14-2010 02:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello, can u help me with this bug? please, watch video below.
Textures are beginning to "wawing" after 5 minutes of work!
My video - radeon1950pro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vC7TYzHB3Q

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-14-2010 03:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try changing the rendering mode under the textures option. Bilinear or trilinear should work well, but try others as well.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-14-2010 04:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I checked all the options and nothing helps

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-14-2010 07:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow, that is ...really weird, I'm guessing it's a video card driver, have you installed the latest driver versions? Also, looking into your driver settings, Catalyst A.I. might be doing ...something to NetRadiant....no idea what, ATI drivers are really weird, and Catalyst A.I. is even more weird.

Try setting as many things in your drivers to "Application setting" as you can, and if AI is on, turn it off, if it's off...turn it on?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-14-2010 09:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Disable desktop composition?

Right click GtkRadiant.exe, properties, compatiblity, Disable desktop composition, apply and okay.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-16-2010 06:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nope, this not help me too... okay, however, i can restart radiant every time, when i see this bug. Thank you all!! :)

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-16-2010 06:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can i ask another question right there!? how i can compile light on my map? mapping for quake 2 i use fullvis (qrad -maxlt -extra) but light on my map not compile! even i remove light from map after comipil my map will be bright like daylight! sorry for my english

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-16-2010 06:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Read this thread, voyager.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=44193

Team Event -O- Horizon

NoGhost Map Making Competition 2 (June 2010)

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-16-2010 06:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anthem
Sorry, but i'm interesting in quake 2 mapping, not in q3, or this site only about q3? If this right then, sorry, i found wrong site :(

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 11-16-2010 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To get an overview of Quake 2 mapping you could read this, I recently wrote it. The section named BSP compiler explains which light tools are used today and links to a shellscript that runs them for you.

This website is about Quake 3 but many things are similar, especially if you're using some Radiant editor to make your Quake 2 maps so people may be able to help you with many things. If you feel you need more Quake2-specific help feel free to come to the Quake 2 Cafe. (I know the website looks ugly, don't let that scare you.)

I usually compile with
Code:
arghrad.exe -ambient .2 path_to/yourmap.map

All the other options are better placed in world spawn so you don't have to remember the command line you used (in case you need to re-compile later).

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-16-2010 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dichtfux
Thank you!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-16-2010 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood the question, voyager.

Team Event -O- Horizon

NoGhost Map Making Competition 2 (June 2010)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.