Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Model Tool..

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Model Tool..

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-15-2009 07:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I made a tool for editing models. It's made for Wolfenstein-ET, but it can also read from pk3-files & local files on harddisk..
So..maybe anyone here can use it.

A few features:
* Convert MAP to MD3
* Convert MDS to MDM/MDX playermodels
* Export MDM/MDX playermodels to MD3
* Combine MD3's (to 1 animated MD3, or extend an already animated MD3 with more frames from other MD3's)

Here is URL of the readme (also the place where the tool can be downloaded):
http://www.et-only.com/downloads/tools/readme

C..

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-15-2009 07:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool! You may also want to post this on Polycount if you haven't already done so.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-16-2009 06:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, i haven't done that.. i only posted on the splashdamage-forum,.. and here..

If i add new features to the tool, i'll upload a newer version on the website i posted.
I was thinking of creating a changelog, so people (and i) can easily check what's been fixed and added..
I'm still working on the documentation... pff what a job..

(btw. i changed the download-zip already.. found a buggy in my last-minute-changes. i wish i had tested it better ;-S)

C..

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-17-2009 03:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just a little note: following your link and reading through the General Usage-> Embedding Skins section I found a spelling mistake on one of the screenshots (the dialogue window below "Confirm the embed:"): Annuleren misses an "i" if I'm not mistaken and this is supposed to be german for "cancel".
Don't know if you have already changed it in the newest software release though.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-17-2009 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi there monaster,
It's funny.. but i'm from the netherlands, and my dialog-windows show some dutch texts (which is unfortunate)..
The same dialog will show texts in Your own language.
I believe that most is clear though..

"Ja" meaning "Yes"
"Nee" = "No"
"Annuleren" = "Cancel"

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-17-2009 04:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I changed/added things,.. one new option is that users can now add PAK-files to a list.
The tool searches through these listed PAKs to locate textures,shaders and/or models..
This is done to make the tool more suitable for the q3-based games.

Download -> Q3 Model Tool <-

Here is an image of an animated MD3 i made completely in Radiant.
It can run,.. i have to let it walk too

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-17-2009 05:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

B.J. Blazkowicz vs. the Imperial Nazi Galactic Empire?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-17-2009 07:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who let the dogs out?..
:) It is a test-map.. The AT-AT walker is for somebody who is making a Star-Wars MOD.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-19-2009 05:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very nice and Handy.

But is there a known way to covert md3 > ase, i would like to do this because there is no 1800 max vert limit on ase 's plus i would like to be able to edit the model through the text.

~Delirium

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-20-2009 08:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

covert md3 > ase is not what my tool does.. it can however convert ASE to MD3.
I could create a new option, export MD3 to ASE. That'll be no problem to implement.

btw: An MD3 can have 4096 vertices per surface (and 8192 triangles per surface)

Another thing: If an MD3 is exported to ASE, the vertex-coordinates will always be within the range [-512 to 512]
That is inherit to MD3 files.. MD3 cannot store coordinates that go beyond that range.

i regularly update to a next version (or build), so watch the changelog page for any details: check this

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-27-2010 06:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hi,
can u please send me this program on xfire ? i cant open the link :/
my xfire is : mrt02
thanks for everything, and nice to see someone who is really smart to do this program :D
thx again :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-29-2010 08:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey! Very ncie idea about such program. I would love tocheck it out, but your links don't work ;).

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 12-29-2010 12:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.trickjump.me/archive/Wolfmap ... v1-6-2.zip

The original site where it was hosted is gone, oh and wolfmap.de is soon gone too, so there the archive of the archive.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 04:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thank you very much :D

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 08:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have it uploaded to dropbox, so if for some reason the link above doesn't work in the future, feel free to download it from here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5765955/q3-mode ... v1-6-2.zip

Team Event -O- Horizon

NoGhost Map Making Competition 2 (June 2010)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 09:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.