Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Maximus Overdrive (pasctf3) - Quake III Team Arena

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Maximus Overdrive (pasctf3) - Quake III Team Arena

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-29-2010 08:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First of all, I want to say thanks to Obsidan for helping to unban my account so I could make it inside this forum. So I thought that I should go ahead and post one of my maps for the people at q3w to see. Please note that it`s already finished and I do not plan on re-releasing a new version as I have other projects on my hands. It also only supports TA, due to certain issues I had with textures and all. You can still play it in vq3 if you like, but be prepared to be bombarded with missing textures.

The map is a hybrid combination of Apocalypse Void (q3dm19) and Vortex Portal (mpteam6). It was
designed for CTF, and also supports all Team Arena gametypes. (One Flag, Harvester, and Overload) The bases consist of several support-bounded platforms, accessible by mobile platforms or accelerator pads. The distance between the flags and the portals is quite long, but with the accelerator pad beside the SGs, the Scout rune, and some clever rocket jumping skills, one can dominate this map. Fortunately, defense also has the advantage that they can camp at various locations all over the base in a staggered tactical formation, where anyone attempting to capture the flag must endure consistent ambushes as they head for the exit.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?k95jx05jbwha4h7

Screenshots: http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/ma ... drive.html

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-29-2010 11:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol, your blog looks totally like rip-off from my own...

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 03:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Also congrats for being the new youngster on the forum.

I don't wanna offend you but you might want to consider changing the theme or at least the structur of your page if shadow is not fine with it. I'm certain you will find another nice theme that suits you.

Last edited by cityy on 12-30-2010 05:46 AM, edited 3 times in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 03:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks cool. First thing from the screenshots: those support pillars look far too weak to support the structure. Make something more interesting and robust out of it.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lighting also looks a little too uniform, put in some strong, angled directional lights in the sky shader and keep fill lights to a minimum. Don't use ambient.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.