Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Curves won`t change

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Curves won`t change

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-08-2011 05:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In GTKRadiant I have a patch in which the textures are too stretched out, which looks quite ugly. So I select it and hit Shift+S to make it visually better, but for some reason the changes won`t show until I hit done and de-select it. In the past it shown the changes as soon as I changed something in the settings.

Then I save the .map file, go to QuArK, open the map file through there, copy the new patch, go to the .qrk file, delete the old patch, and paste it where the old patch was. When I go to compile it, however, it reverts back to it`s original, stretched state. It just started doing this today, and I have no memory whatsoever of any changed settings.

Please help. :(

Thanks in advance.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-08-2011 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You don't have a duplicate patch there do you?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-08-2011 06:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No. I removed the old patch and put the new one in it`s place.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-09-2011 01:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you have qer_trans in the texture code?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-09-2011 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The shaders that the patches have are base_trim/proto_fence and base_floor/proto_grate4. They do not have qer_trans in their code. They do have surfaceparm trans, though.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-09-2011 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well.. that's weird. Maybe try to reinstall GTK radiant.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.