Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Texture tiling bug?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Texture tiling bug?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-26-2013 11:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I had a system crash and now I'm kinda worried. In reinstalled and everything works fine. When I open the map in the editor, all textures are nicely aligned (except I'm missing some due to the crash). However, if I compile, regardless of what option I use, I get this:

Any ideas?

PS: If I build a new map, regardless which textures, the same happens. As if some value is off somewhere that's downsizing them.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-28-2013 06:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did some more research and came to the following conclusions:

It's not the editor. Regardless which map, everything works fine.
It's not the game. If I take old compiles or load the original maps. all is displayed normally.
It's not the textures. Even vanilla textures show the same problem.
It has to be a compiler issue. I reinstalled Q3map2 to no avail.

I'm running out of ideas.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-28-2013 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've seen a few reports of this, but haven't been able to replicate it myself, and have not been able to get people to follow up and tell us whether or not they fixed it and how. So this issue still remains a mystery. Care to be our guinea pig?

A few questions:
  1. What did you re-install? Both GtkRadiant and Quake 3?
  2. What version of GtkRadiant are you using?
  3. If using GtkRadiant 1.6, did you wait for the program to initialize the first time? The first time you run it, it does take some time to load and copy game-pack files to your game directory. You didn't prematurely shut down the program?
  4. Do you have a shaderlist.txt? Are your shader names/texture folders listed in shaderlist.txt?
  5. What is your default texture scale? (In preferences: 0.5? 0.25?)

Try uploading the map (along with textures, shaders, etc.) and I'll see if it compiles on my end.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-28-2013 09:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hell yeah!

1. I re-installed everything. Quake, Radiant, Q3map2 Toolz and Q3map2.
    2. I'm using 1.4.
    4. Yes, I have a shaderlist.txt. Shader names/texture folder are listed.
    5. 0.5

I'll be uploading this shortly and I'll send you a pm when it's done.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-28-2013 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From what I remember, that's a but with q3map2 2.16, or a weird build of 2.17. The standalone I downloaded had this bug, but when I compiled with NetRadiant, which has 2.17 bundled, it works fine.

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 11-28-2013 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had a problem that was similar-where q3map2 wouldn't overwrite old bsp, had to delete it first.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-28-2013 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found the problem. After re-installing Windows I decided to sort through my old files and make everything tidy. This resulted in me installing Q3Map2 in a directory outside the Quake 3 directory. That's apparently the problem because I now placed it in the Quake directory and tada, it works like a charm!

Thank you all for thinking with me. Obsidian, do you need anything else?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-28-2013 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, seeing as how it's not a bug. Glad it works.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-29-2013 03:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, me too. Is it correct that it has to be in the same directory? Because if I remember correctly this wasn't a problem in the past.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-29-2013 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It doesn't have to be, but I assume there was something wrong where Q3Map2 (or Q3Map2Toolz) couldn't find some of the game files causing it to not compile correctly.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-30-2013 06:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does it have to do something with -fs_gamepath [baseq3_path] not being correctly passed when calling q3map2 on -meta stage? ;)
EDIT: Autoresponse: Just finished reading the thread now.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.