Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Q3W 10+ years later

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q3W 10+ years later

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-05-2012 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sup guys, I remember hanging on these forums 10 years ago and in 2002 I had released a map called RA3 time machine. It took forever for me to finish it and in the end it was alright, some people enjoyed the 1v1 arenas, but my scale was completely off for my CA and everything was way too big lol. It was fun making it though. I find it insane that I see the same people on here still mapping after all this time!! I do miss mapping, shame I was never any good at it. I mean I was well versed and able from the technical standpoint, but didn't have a knack for good design, but it was all enjoyable. I used to LOVE those speed mapping sessions on saturdays. We would get an hour to make a crazy map and we would pk3 them up and play them all, it was all fun and chaotic. Everytime quakecon comes around and I get into watching the tourneys and plaing quakelive, I get nostalgic of the old days of doing nothing but playing Q3 with my clans, hanging on irc, mapping on the side and enjoying the whole community and playing fun new maps. It was fun while it all lasted and really was a big part of my life for a while. I've invested more time into q3 than any other game or hobby. Maybe one day id will finally get their act together with D4 or a new quake that is PC focused and light a new fire into the community. We can only hope :)

Take it easy all,
Tech

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-05-2012 08:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 08-05-2012 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey tech, cool to see you pop in. :)
I remember getting a 4x Airrocket on your Ra3 map once. :D

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-07-2012 07:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey, techx :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-11-2012 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey Techx, I was just starting elementary school when you were making these maps. Sounds like it was fun.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-11-2012 07:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I remember you. Make us some maps, dammit. Like riding a bike.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-08-2014 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

quake is life!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-09-2014 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if life is running around with a lightning bolt up your ass

btw does the guy who made 'seams & bolts' (QL map) hang around here? i just want to say it's an awesome map and he can fuck my sister any time

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-09-2014 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:eek:

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 07-09-2014 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
if life is running around with a lightning bolt up your ass

btw does the guy who made 'seams & bolts' (QL map) hang around here? i just want to say it's an awesome map and he can fuck my sister any time

I will come back to it, though it is just a derivation.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-10-2014 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pat Howard wrote:
quake is life!

Indeed.

PS: Hi everyone!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.