Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Liposuction - Spronyq3dm1_alpha3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Liposuction - Spronyq3dm1_alpha3

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-25-2012 04:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Kitten: I've send you a PM. I'll also take care of the Jumppads.

@Aeon: I'm glad to hear that. I already calculated that bots wouldn't go for the shards.
Same goes for the large health on top of the containers. So I don't see that as a problem.

Great suggestions regarding the grates. I'll add that. I actually had a window to show the RA. But then I added the containers and dropped that idea. I'll add it again.

Regarding the RL area: You mean making the lowest stairs fill the entire floor width? Because I changed that due to earlier comments about the stairs being too wide. The floor issue could easily be resolved by adding a two step hole in the floor or something similiar. I'm open to suggestions regarding the "floaty" platforms. But I've already put an enormous amount of thought in that area and I'm actually kinda proud of it :)

I'm very interested in your additional comments regarding pathing.

Thank you both for your feedback!

To anyone else, I'm also very interested in item feedback. I'm aiming at one more alpha and then moving to the beta stage.

Thanks in advance.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-27-2012 01:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm giving this another bump. If there isn't any more feedback I'll continue towards the 4th and hopefully final alpha with the feedback I've gotten so far.

Thanks

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-04-2012 07:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Status pls.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-07-2012 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well Kitten, I've left you my e-mailadres as you requested, but I haven't heard from you regarding this. I was told you still had a lot of ideas. The last bump did not generate new feedback so I decided not to do a 4th alpha. Instead I'll take Aeon his feedback with me in the first beta.

I haven't started with the beta yet because after months of puzzling with the layout I kind of got sick of it. So I put it on hold. I will continue with it later. I've been messing around with another map (beta). Thank you for your interest.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-07-2012 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I forgot to email, and now I have no idea what I wanted to say.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-08-2013 04:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AEon wrote:
The first thing any mapper, at least when trying to build a MP map, learns is that the real world almost never makes for interesting or good (layout-wise) multiplayer locations. Thus, if at all, MP maps are always augmenting reality and taking certain creative liberties.

Now if this is a study in real-world architecture, than that is fine. But you should not expect much playability.

Not wanting to be a downer here... but that's just the way it is with MP maps.

You know what? I get it now. I've spent so much time trying to fit a map in to a realworld layout that I never really stood a chance in the first place. AEon just called it immediately and even though, with a lot of excellent feedback, we managed to drastically improve it, it's still sorely lacking that MP feel.

In time, I'll go back to the drawing board with a different approach. I'm going to find the interesting parts of the building and corporate that into a workable layout. Something that plays well and looks like the place but doesn't resemble the actualy layout of that place.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 04-09-2013 06:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glad my comment seems to have been of some value :).

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 04-09-2013 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice to see you are picking it up again!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-10-2013 07:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AEon wrote:
Glad my comment seems to have been of some value :).

To me, your comments always have value!

@Cityy: I didn't forget it. I was just so sick of trying to fit something that really didn't fit :S

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 09-12-2014 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was asked to upload the images again, since my site is down.

Attachments:
spronyq3dm1-4.jpg
spronyq3dm1-4.jpg [ 126.48 KB | Viewed 285 times ]
spronyq3dm1-3.jpg
spronyq3dm1-3.jpg [ 106.75 KB | Viewed 277 times ]
spronyq3dm1-2.jpg
spronyq3dm1-2.jpg [ 73.66 KB | Viewed 296 times ]
spronyq3dm1-1.jpg
spronyq3dm1-1.jpg [ 75.59 KB | Viewed 291 times ]

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-13-2014 03:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.