Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        [BETA] 13tomb "Ziggurat Tomb"

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: [BETA] 13tomb "Ziggurat Tomb"

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-12-2013 03:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ziggurat Tomb:

A small Quake themed deathmatch map. Inspired by an early version of Bouncy Map (q3dm16).

Screenshots: (still the same from screenshots thread)
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Some features:
- tight stairways (grenades o fun!)
- open areas
- tons of jumppads
- lightning shooter death trap :evil:
- a cool secret - spoiler: Find the hidden shootable switch to gain access to the tunnels above the rocketlaunchers. Then doublerocketjump within 1 minute.

Now I'm looking for some general feedback - including:
- item placement
- is the brightness ok?
- any bugs with the lightning shooter?

Download Beta2 (2.9 MB)
PK3: map-13tomb_b2.pk3
ZIP: map-13tomb_b2.zip

sst13...

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 08-12-2013 04:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I actually thought that was one of the best made TP shaders I've seen, because somehow it feels as if I'm getting sucked into it even before I enter.

The brightness is good (for me) and I also dig levels that gives Quake 1 a homage like this, I'm gonna play it more later tonight!

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-13-2013 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Amazing map, great atmosphere! i spent ages trying to open that damn door. Its such a strong map, every detail is spot on and the balance of detail is perfect. Jealous! :up:

I kinda disagree about the teleporter texture, it seems a bit low rez on my end... But thats not really a big deal.

Brightness is also good on my setup.

About the only thing that's kinda disappointing is how there is no asymmetry. but that's hardly a deal breaker.

good job mate :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-15-2013 04:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint. Everything is spot on. Great visuals, lots of nice little details and a ton of Quake atmosphere. I wish I could give you constructive criticism that would be helpful but I'm simply loving the shit out of it :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-20-2013 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Beta 3:

At first, thanks for the positive feedback! :D

New stuff:
- Swapped RA & YA to push the action a little bit into the other half of the map.
- To prevent camping on the tower, now the lightning gun spawns with less ammo (60/100) in a slower cycle (15sec/5sec).
- Added some minor details, including a little bit sharper teleporter texture. ;) fKd
- Upgraded the secret from "hmm nice..." to "wtf dude!" It's also a little bit harder now. Spoiler: You now have only 10 sec to double RJ or Grenade RJ into the tunnel.

Download Beta3 (2.9 MB)
PK3: map-13tomb_b3.pk3
ZIP: map-13tomb_b3.zip

sst13...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-20-2013 06:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool map.

http://imgur.com/zLP3u0a

Banged around with a few bots for about ten mins. I think there is too much health in this map. You have 50s and pairs of 25s all over the place. I think you can probably chop 1 or 2 of the 25s and 1 of the 50s out? Also, having a RA and a YA in a map this small is probably a bit too much. Maybe if you removed an armor, the health would be not so gratuitous, or vice versa. I haven't played this game in probably 2+ years and I think I died twice. 2 RLs is probably a bit much, as well.

Other than that... the map looks great. I found it to be maybe a little bit too bright/washed-out looking in the main atrium. Perhaps look at changing the tone/colour of lighting or even bringing the light intensity down a little bit. I realize you want visibility and such, but I think if you brought it down even around 5-10% it might be just right. Just my $0.02.

Nice layout, solid construction. I think if you tinker with items, you have yourself a winner. :up:

EDIT: Aye... totally didn't see this bit about a secret area... will have to check into this :D

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-09-2013 09:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How did you the job of inverted player look sst13? I'd like tu use it in my future maps :) For others, look at the screenshot ;)

It's not alternative brushwork somewhere separated from map, it's in real game area. Try eplore the secret everywhere, it will display a message and teleport you in the game area with inverted player look. Luckily teleporters in normal game place will return your classic player look back :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-10-2013 10:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@CZghost: It's made with the angles (not angle) key, within the teleporter destination. Other spawnpoints like teleporter or playspawn will reset the values.

Key: angles
Value: 0 0 180

First value is pitch - looking up or down.
Second is yaw - like the default angle key value (compass)
Third is roll - tilt your head sideways (in this case by 180°)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 10-11-2013 04:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:
@CZghost: It's made with the angles (not angle) key, within the teleporter destination. Other spawnpoints like teleporter or playspawn will reset the values.

I didn't know this was possible ! How funny :D

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-11-2013 05:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you :) I though about the angles key. It's really difficult to aim since your mouse look binding is default to your normal look... So if you move your mouse down and left, your turned look will move up and right :D

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 10-12-2013 08:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:

I was wondering how it was done, thanks. :) I saw it in a map called pea xpanicx but couldn't find any info on how it was accomplished.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-05-2013 08:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The map is now final!

Download Final Version: (2.9MB)

PK3: http://sst13.net/maps/map-13tomb.pk3
ZIP: http://sst13.net/maps/map-13tomb.zip

Have fun!

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-05-2013 04:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I enjoy the Slipgate theme you printed on this piece of work.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.