Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        GtkRadiant 1.6.4 Released

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: GtkRadiant 1.6.4 Released

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-26-2013 09:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GtkRadiant 1.6.4
MacOS X, Quake 2 and improved 4-view layout.

Quote:
It's been a slow year for GtkRadiant, but it's time to call it done for 1.6.4!

See the full release notes, and check the downloads for your operating system.

Thank you to Jay Dolan for his massive involvement in this release, bringing us MacOS X support as well as Quake 2 support. And thanks to all the testers on QuakeNet #radiant irc.

What's next you ask? We will probably scan through the issues list and build a hit list of things to look at for a 1.6.5 release.

Changes:

• MacOS X support and official binaries available
  • Added support for Quake2World [1] and vanilla Quake2 [2]
  • Added support for Return to Castle Wolfenstein
  • Added Star Trek Voyage: Elite Force game pack
  • Added Jedi Academy gamepack
  • Project codebase updated to Visual Studio 2012 on Windows, including all supporting libraries (gtk, jpeg, libxml)
  • On Windows, choice of 32 bit q3map2 or 64 bit q3map2. Note that the editor itself is still a 32 bit application.
  • Added -exportents option to q3map2 and q3map2_urt: some idTech3 games can load entities from a separate file than the .bsp
  • Increased the max textures directory limit
  • Added support for multiple vertex selection and drag
  • Added a toolbar button to toggle creating detail brushes or structural brushes by default
  • Added a preference option to create all brushes with a caulk texture
  • Numerous fixes to the 4-view layout, in particular to the floating dialog window that works with it
  • idTech3 surface inspector was redone and simplified
  • Improved GL font rendering on Windows
  • A lot of code cleanups

Links:

Official GtkRadiant Site:
http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/

GitHub Project Page:
https://github.com/TTimo/GtkRadiant

Mailing List:
http://icculus.org/mailman/listinfo/gtkradiant

Bugs and Discussions:

You are encouraged to run this latest version and if you experience any issues, you can report them here or on the IRC channel. Thanks.

Filing a bug report:
  • Make sure to summarizes the problem.
  • Accurately describe how to reproduce the bug in precise steps. If it cannot be reproduced, it will be difficult to fix.
  • Precisely describe the observed result and the expected result.
  • Check your settings and configuration in case these are relevant to the problem.
  • Make sure you list your relevant hardware, operating system, version of GtkRadiant, or any other system information.

Merry Christmas!

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 12-27-2013 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Excellent. "Shipping is a feature", as they say. :)

BTW I've found that q3map2 -exportents to be handy when fiddling with old map bsps. I think I used to use q3wumpas (?) for that purpose, but if all you need is to fiddle with the entities and then shove them back into the bsp, it's nice that q3map2 supports that whole process now.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 12-30-2013 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
[*]Added a preference option to create all brushes with a caulk texture

Just in time.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 12-30-2013 05:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hipshot wrote:
obsidian wrote:
[*]Added a preference option to create all brushes with a caulk texture

Just in time.

:eek:

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 12-31-2013 01:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even though this will sound ungrateful, I really hope v1.6 will get the advanced interactive model rotation code from v1.5. Back with AEdm7, using all the many plants from Sock's PotM, I really needed it.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-31-2013 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
What's next you ask? We will probably scan through the issues list and build a hit list of things to look at for a 1.6.5 release.

You have a request for it already, but you can try pushing it up the todo list a little by talking about it on the IRC channel.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-31-2013 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Although these days I have so little time to map, I agree with AEon, that is the best feature from 1.5, and the one that prevents me from swapping over to 1.6

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-28-2014 07:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I failed to get 1.6.4 to work on my windows 7 laptop. 1.4 works great.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-29-2014 12:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How is possible that newer version fails and the old one works fine? :D

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-29-2014 07:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Inition, care to elaborate? We might know why it isn't working, or otherwise file a bug report for you.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 02-01-2014 05:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd problem too. I got an error message, whenever I would start Radiant 1.6.4 (0xc00007b)... I searched the error code on Google, and everywhere say the same, Install MS redists, but it won't solve the problem :( . 1.6.2 works fine on Windows 7 64-bit.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-01-2014 05:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Make sure you have the right redistributable. You'll need the x86 and if on a 64-bit system, the x64 file as well...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... x?id=30679

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-01-2014 05:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

At first I got the missing .dll error. Now I get the error: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

I'm using ioQuake.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-01-2014 05:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I only see one download option for windows.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-01-2014 08:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Click on download and a menu option will appear allowing you to choose which files you need.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-02-2014 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fun. I had a missing MSVCR110.dll error but the link obs gave fixed it :up:

I have a strange hankering to do some Quake2 stuff...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-02-2014 05:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All this info *IS* on the website. I guess I'll have to make it a little more obvious with massively large fonts and rainbows and "blink" text.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-03-2014 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That might help!

I tried installing 1.6.4 on my windows 7 desktop with no luck. I installed the missing .dll and installed the redistribute, x64. The editor fails to start. I tried various compatibility modes.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-03-2014 07:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
All this info *IS* on the website. I guess I'll have to make it a little more obvious with massively large fonts and rainbows and "blink" text.

Never checked the website, but was reading this thread whilst installing so it made sense to follow your link :smirk:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-03-2014 10:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Inition wrote:
That might help!

I tried installing 1.6.4 on my windows 7 desktop with no luck. I installed the missing .dll and installed the redistribute, x64. The editor fails to start. I tried various compatibility modes.

Did you install BOTH the x64 AND x32 redistributable? You will need BOTH files installed.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-04-2014 05:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It works now (I had to install the 32 bit redistributable). And you didn't even have to make the instructions blink yellow and red.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 02-11-2014 11:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Failed to launch new installation, prints out textures/radiant/notex is missing (but it's already installed in game folder). Using Win XP SP3 (still). I have correct path to the engine, I don't know what's up. The previous version worked fine (sometimes it fell down, but autosave feature saved me much work)...

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-02-2014 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is there a way to customise the bsp build options? I'd like to change the Q2 options from using the broken q2wmap (which isn't included in the download btw) to qbsp3/qvis3/arghrad.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-02-2014 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can add/remove build options in Project Settings, but you won't be able to change compilers.

People who are interested in using their own compilers and compile options will probably be better off using a batch file anyway.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 07-20-2014 09:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GtkRadiant 1.6.4 seems to dislike spaces in dir names. It has discarded first location of game and after fixing issues with locked files it can't save new preferences. Also, desktop composition disable didn't helped me with the layout, it's still jiggy and no editable layout shows me on. Working on Windows 7, after MS terminated the XP support.

Well, you told you will include some good features from Radiant 1.5 - especially the texture external window with list of all shader dirs on the left. It's pretty shame I can't use all my textures from the reason of limited menu items. Since textures are sorted alphabetically, I won't get also to some basic textures available in clear game.

What about desktop composition? I have the Aero effects disabled when opened the Radiant window, but layout won't appear, it's all light gray, when opened any window and blured, it's copied in the layout.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-11-2014 02:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it possible to remap the Radiant camera/movement keys?

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 10-12-2014 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1) I've reinstalled Radiant for the first time in almost 5 years. I blame all of you. Especially Infernis.

2) I can't seem to get it to start on the monitor I want it to start on. Changing the "StartOnPrimMon" epair in local.pref doesn't seem to have any effect. Whether it's true or false, it still starts on the wrong one. :dork:

This is surprisingly annoying, considering it only takes 2 seconds to fix it every time. Any ideas?

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 10-13-2014 04:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

q3map2 still fails (0xc000007b) even after installing both redistributables.

This is on a fresh install of Win7x64, fully updated (as of 10/14/14).

Anyone else had this issue and resolved it? Tell me your secrets...

:confused:

EDIT: Shit, my bad. I was using the q3map2 from robotrenegade. My mistake. The one bundled with radiant 1.6.4 works for me.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 10-14-2014 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis wrote:
Is it possible to remap the Radiant camera/movement keys?

Not as far as I know. I'm sure you could do it with some sort of stand alone third-party key remapping program--I know there are a few out there, but I've never done that, so can't really recommend anything.

KillPixel wrote:
Shit, my bad. I was using the q3map2 from robotrenegade. My mistake. The one bundled with radiant 1.6.4 works for me.

I'm glad you figured it out. I've done similar things. :)

obsidian wrote:
People who are interested in using their own compilers and compile options will probably be better off using a batch file anyway.

Just in case some might find them useful, here are my batch files for compiles and aas generation:

Code:
@echo off

rem <--This word ("rem") at the start of a line means that the line is simply a remark, and won't do anything.

rem The first line in this batch file simply keeps this batch file from being displayed to your DOS window when you run it.

rem GENERAL COMPILE OPTIONS
rem Change the three lines below as you wish for each compile.

rem quickie
set LIGHT_SWITCHES=-light -fast -samples 2 -bounce 3 -patchshadows -v
set VIS_SWITCHES=-vis -saveprt -v
set BSP_SWITCHES=-meta -verboseentities -v

rem final
rem set LIGHT_SWITCHES=-light -fast -samples 3 -bounce 8 -gamma 2 -compensate 4 -dirty -patchshadows
rem set VIS_SWITCHES=-vis -saveprt
rem set BSP_SWITCHES=-meta -skyfix -verboseentities

rem GENERAL COMPILE PATHS AND SETTINGS ARE BELOW
rem Note the use of / slashes, and the lack of a trailing / at the end of the path.
rem For paths with spaces in folder names: “c:/program files/quake iii arena” = c:/progra~1/quakei~1
rem note: -v (verbose) is preset in general options below, and is applied globally.
rem "QUAKE_PATH" is where you have Quake 3 installed.
rem "Q3MAP2_PATH" is where you have placed q3map2.exe and associated files.
rem "MAP_PATH" is the location of your .map file.
rem "MOD_DIR" is the Quake 3 folder you'll be running from (baseq3 by default)

set MOD_DIR=baseq3
set QUAKE_PATH=h:/steam/steamapps/common/quake3~1
set Q3MAP2_PATH=g:/gtkradiant164/q3map2.exe
set MAP_PATH=%QUAKE_PATH%/baseq3/maps/skytest.map
set GENERAL_OPTIONS=-fs_basepath %QUAKE_PATH% -fs_game -v

rem The lines below compile your map using the switches specified above.
rem First bsp, then vis, then light, and then the results are written to the compile.log.

%Q3MAP2_PATH% %BSP_SWITCHES% %GENERAL_OPTIONS% %MAP_PATH%
%Q3MAP2_PATH% %VIS_SWITCHES% %GENERAL_OPTIONS% %MAP_PATH%
%Q3MAP2_PATH% %LIGHT_SWITCHES% %GENERAL_OPTIONS% %MAP_PATH%

pause

Code:
@echo off

rem <--This word ("rem") at the start of a line means that the line is simply a remark, and won't do anything.

rem The first line in this batch file simply keeps this batch file from being displayed to your DOS window when you run it.

rem GENERAL COMPILE PATHS AND SETTINGS
rem Note the use of / slashes, and the lack of a trailing / at the end of the path.
rem For paths with spaces in folder names: “c:/program files/quake iii arena” = c:/progra~1/quakei~1
rem note: -v (verbose) is preset in general options below, and is applied globally.

rem "QUAKE_PATH" is where you have Quake 3 installed.
rem "BSPC_PATH" is the location of bspc.exe
rem "MAP_PATH" is the location of your .map file.

set QUAKE_PATH=h:/steam/steamapps/common/quakei~1
set BSPC_PATH=g:/gtkradiant164/bspc.exe
set BSPC_SWITCHES=-bsp2aas
set MAP_PATH=%QUAKE_PATH%/baseq3/maps/test.bsp

rem OPTIONAL BSPC SWITCHES
rem Change the line below as you wish for each compile.

set GENERAL_OPTIONS=-forcesidesvisible -optimize

rem The line below creates the .aas file for your map.

%BSPC_PATH% %BSPC_SWITCHES% %MAP_PATH% %GENERAL_OPTIONS%

pause

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-15-2014 06:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

pjw wrote:
This is surprisingly annoying, considering it only takes 2 seconds to fix it every time. Any ideas?

My secondary monitor died, so I can't replicate the issue. But when it was still working, GtkRadiant always started on my primary monitor. Maybe ask around on the IRC channel.

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 10-15-2014 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Replace your capacitors then

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.