Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        GTK Radiant 1.5.0 - Quake 3 Defrag

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: GTK Radiant 1.5.0 - Quake 3 Defrag

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-03-2014 07:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I compile my map with -light -vis, everything but when i load my map it comes out fullbright. Ive had other people test out my map by compiling it them selves and just loading the bsp and the lighting is fine for them.

Ive tried taking out all my cfg's, re installing gtk and all of quake 3 but nothing changes it. /r_fullbright is 0.

I get no errors in GTK but i get a Warning:lightgridmismatch in quake 3.

I dont know if it matters but i found this :

--- BSP ---
WARNING: Unknown option "-fast"
WARNING: Unknown option "-super"
WARNING: Unknown option "2"
WARNING: Unknown option "-filter"

Last edited by FearzEnemy on 07-04-2014 10:13 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-03-2014 10:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The light grid mismatch error means there is no light data to read (bsp was not compiled with any -light). Check the Radiant console, that will be a lot more helpful than the Q3 console.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 07-04-2014 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Get Q3Map2Toolz. Way better for compiling maps- http://kausticsq3mapping.com/downloads/ ... _setup.exe

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-04-2014 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just compiled with Gtk Radiant 1.4 and the lighting is fine.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-04-2014 05:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

kaustic wrote:
Get Q3Map2Toolz. Way better for compiling maps- http://kausticsq3mapping.com/downloads/ ... _setup.exe

If you modify the compile settings inside Radiant, then Radiant is a lot better IMO, just because it's right there. Of course, *Toolz has descriptions of all the switches in it, which is definitely handy for a while.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-04-2014 07:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or get GtkRadiant 1.6.4 which comes with updated versions of Q3Map2 and has newer preset compile settings.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.