Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        ERROR 1.6.4 Project Settings

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: ERROR 1.6.4 Project Settings

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-08-2014 11:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Radiant 1.6.4 works great on my Windows 7 computer, but I can't get the compiler to work on my Windows XP computer. I am getting an error regarding the paths I set in my project settings which lead to my baseq3 folder.

Code:
Failed to execute the following command: "filepath + q3map2 commands"
Check that the file exists and that you don't run out of system resources.

Here are a couple of screenies...

1.4.0: File paths work with the compiler with no problems.

1.6.4: Same computer, same file paths and the .map file is clearly there. Note: whole error did not fit on screen.

I'm tired and probably making a dumb mistake! Anyone know what's up? Thanks for your reply,
pat

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-09-2014 08:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but I don't think XP is smart enough to recognize longer than 8 character directory names. I also I don't know if this has anything to do with how GtkRadiant instructs Q3Map2 what to do.

Can you compile your map using 1.6.4's Q3Map2 and a batch file?

BTW... XP :puke:
(Also, it's no longer supported by MS so it should just die)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-09-2014 09:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@obsidian: yep, that works. thanks, i'll just do it this way for now.

i love my old xp desktop, it's perfect for quake :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-10-2014 08:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's more likely that you had one or more space(s) in your path. Q3Map2 was too dumb to get that whenever I worked on my maps. IIRC, I just renamed my folders by replacing every space with an underscore. Maybe it's the same for you, I assume that by reducing the dir names to 8 letters you automatically got rid of any spaces, too?

Also, XP is still supported. Millions of devices still run on XP such as ATMs and elevators, so Microsoft hasn't ceased support yet. You just have to know how to get those updates for your personal OS. <3

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 07-19-2014 10:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

monaster wrote:
Also, XP is still supported. Millions of devices still run on XP such as ATMs and elevators, so Microsoft hasn't ceased support yet. You just have to know how to get those updates for your personal OS. <3

Elevators on XP? Mother of god :olo:

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pat, I would start using a batch file instead.

If you use "" around your paths, you should be able to use spaces and long names in XP

Monaster, MS support for XP ended spring 2014

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 04:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.