Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        pit_dm1 for quake Live

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: pit_dm1 for quake Live

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-11-2014 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Attachment:
pit_dm1.jpg
Hi guys
This my last map, based on a sketch I did previously, called lol_beta02.
Basically is a map for duel or ffa/ca with no more than 4 players. Small and very open, all important items and areas are easy to reach.
I feel glad with it , but all coments about game flow are wellcome.
Some final textures are allready roughly applied, so the final look will be very near of what u see now.
One question I need to make before the final version: how can I make the levelshot show, while the map is loading?

Last edited by xiripiti on 07-12-2014 07:13 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-11-2014 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

to create a levelshot

take the desired screenshot (by pressing F11 in game) and grab it from your baseq3/screeenshots folder. rename the screenshot to the same file name as your .bsp file, e.g. pit_dm1.jpg. create a new folder in your pk3 and name it "levelshots". place the screenshot into that folder and you are all set.

for future reference, it is helpful to unzip established authors' pk3s to see how they pack up their maps properly. pk3s are just zip files, so you can change the file extension of any pk3 to .zip and open it right up. alternatively, in your operating system you can set a program like WinRAR to be the default program for opening pk3 files, which is even easier.

i'll check out your map.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-11-2014 09:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pat Howard wrote:
to create a levelshot
take the desired screenshot (by pressing F11 in game) and grab it from your baseq3/screeenshots folder. rename the screenshot to the same file name as your .bsp file, e.g. pit_dm1.jpg. create a new folder in your pk3 and name it "levelshots". place the screenshot into that folder and you are all set.

Ty for answer to my question. I allways make things exactly as u say, but never saw the screenshot while loading. Does the jpg needs to have a precise size? I this case my screenshot has 800x600 and 112KB. Hmmm...in fact the folder is named levelshot...without a "s" at end. Makes any difference?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-11-2014 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

IIRC, levelshots for Q3 need to be power of 2 sizes... so 512x512 or 256x256. I don't know if QL changed this at all, you can probably take a look at some of the other QL map files.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-11-2014 05:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when i try to play your map on quakelive, i get this error. not sure if it's something on your end or mine though.
Code:
Server Disconnected - Unpure client detected. Invalid .PK3 files referenced!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-11-2014 06:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Make sure you're using /devmap and the file is write-protected. There should be no issue then, but I don't know if they changed anything with map loading in the time I've been gone :P

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-11-2014 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Perhaps also try entering "sv_pure 0"?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-11-2014 07:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Perhaps also try entering "sv_pure 0"?

sv_pure can't be set in QL.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-12-2014 03:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pat Howard wrote:
when i try to play your map on quakelive, i get this error. not sure if it's something on your end or mine though.
Code:
Server Disconnected - Unpure client detected. Invalid .PK3 files referenced!

Something wrong with it, I cant play it on QL server, too. Plz forget this pk3, I will make another.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.