Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Who has influenced you the most in mapping?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Who has influenced you the most in mapping?

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 04-23-2015 09:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
DruZli, SHoD, Nunuk, Bal, Mr.CleaN, Teddy, JaLisK0, Charon, Polo, Geit, EvilLair, Decker, Amethyst7, Akuma, Auhsan, ButterB, Poub, iX, Myth, (tm)centaura, r_speeds, Hubster, blemish, Lunaran, acid, cha0s, ninemil, dONKEY, dragee, Electro, Killazontherun, cardigan, stecki, GlassMan, Hal9000, Quakeulf, }{ammer, g1zm0, JustOneFiX, kat, Kit Carson, Krash, Lukin, Laerth, Lloyd Morris, McBugzz, Killer, Munyul Verminard, Jax Gator, Bubba, psion, Speedy, Ydnar, Kell, aEON, thefury aka sumatra, Cityy, dAde, Eraser, Painter, ShadoW(Poland), Requiem, Q-Fraggel, Quaker-X, rfw, Kaziganthe, stiven, Paul Jaquays, StormShadow, Anwulf, Rorshach, redfella, natestah, skinNCNmaster, rgoer, Thunda, TymoN, Tymo, MJK, x0r, Yogi, ROODOG, unitool, [FSF]Moses, Goose, Castle, James McDonough, Tscaboid, megaman, Fjoggs, Priv, jude, Hipshot, Knight Lore''FC, LordSquart, newborn, [acid], voodoochopstiks, sst13, Lemon Head, =PiT=Leone, Vondur, Kamarov, Juz, JUGULATOR, Havoc, Juggernaut, Johan Nilsson, jex, Fingers, Zdim, Wren Hong & Johnny Hong, RRROOOAAARRR, gloogun, Flusyndrome, GAEL, Fusion, Foo, 79DieselRabbit, Friction, Firestarter, Q, KILLSPY, EraSerX, g1zm0, Priv, Vymmiatacz, Shub-[LOL RACISM], Daemion, Cyben, CHICKENTEAM, [BKA]Cu$ith, Sock, QkennyQ, nihil, shadowland2000, quint, papri-K, Brenda EM, Mr.LyCon, LEVELORD, AsNagrim, Kona, Peej, Scampie, Andeh, ALMighty, kirk eichler, Black Dog, Amphetamine, and last but not least...Swelt, PJW, and wVIPERw.

It's almost like π

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-23-2015 11:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah some new (old) names!

Ten years ago I had trouble with a map, and although these people were Mappers (with capital M), I just sent emails to whom I think could help me... I figured, they wouldn't mention their email address on their site if they mind being emailed to :|

Amethyst7 helped me a lot with getting the slingshot trajectories like he used in some of his maps. There were more than "a few" emails sent back and forth.

Cardigan helped me with bot support (cluster portals were a mystery to me). He even offered to block things out if I sent him the .map file, which he did!

v1l3, you mentioned Priv twice :clownboat:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 04-23-2015 01:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cardigan's AAS optimizing tutorial on that funky webpage of his. Never forget.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's too difficult to list just one.

Andeh, Bal, blemish, Mr.CleaN, Decker, DruZli, Fingers, Fjoggs, thefury (sumatra), hubster, FxR|jude, JustOneFiX, Killer, Kit Carson, KODIAK, Kona, Lunaran, Natestah, NecrosiS, phantazm11, polo, The Preacher, Sock, ShadoW, StormShadow, Tigger-oN, Tymo, unitool, Wiebo de Wit, ztn

I love Finger's Future Brownie and Meatball Grinder maps .. nothing special to look at but they just work. And whilst most people may like Aerowalk, hubster's Dismemberment is pure class. (Each to our own right? :p)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-19-2015 05:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

foralarx2k3 wrote:
Andeh

Im assuming you don't mean me, but if you do, then im honored lol.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-19-2015 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndehX wrote:
foralarx2k3 wrote:
Andeh

Im assuming you don't mean me, but if you do, then im honored lol.

If you happen to be one and the same author of this little puppy:-

Title: Andeh's Arena
File: aatourney1.pk3
Author: Andrew "Andeh" Ashcroft

http://lvlworld.com/review/id:1874

Then yes I mean you. Whilst the map may look incredibly simple, it's great fun to play. And is one of the few floaters that stayed permanently on my hard drive. I tried many times to make a floater that I enjoyed as much as this, but always failed miserably. Sometimes maps don't have to be amazing to influence people, sometimes it's the ideas that they inspire in others. So if it is your's then thank you.

Ian
AKA FoRa

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-19-2015 11:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, thats me. Thanks lol!

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-28-2015 08:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lunaran.

Nice to see that guy getting some love... I remember basically just automatically putting anything he put out onto my DM server, and his design guide was kickass.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-02-2015 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have Obsidian and Misantropia to thank for making my maps possible. I guess the thing that impacted my design most was the feeling I got while being lost or overwhelmed in any part of doom or quake. I suppose that boils down to Sandy Petersen and Tim Willits.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.