Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Name that map!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Name that map!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 05:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Instead of merely serving my own interest I figured I would make a dedicated thread for anyone who's looking for a map he can't remember. I'll go first:

There was a map once, it was a floater. Don't know who made it or what it was called. However, it was an unique map due to the fact that the entire map was some sort of beast. So, it was a floater which was shaped like a beast with ribs and all. Any ideas?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 05:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you mean Octopus Revenge by LordSquart? It's DM17 redux in a shape of an octopus, which you call "beast". Correct me, if that's not the one.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 05:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 05:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

QBeast it is! The microwave goes to Eraser!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 05:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yay! :toothy:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 06:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, you have good memory, Eraser :olo: :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 12:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was searching for a different map actually, but saw this one with the name Beast so I thought maybe that's the one :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-10-2014 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There used to be a mod, can't remember for which Quake, that was MP only. You could pick up a halo making you super overpowered and everybody had to hunt you down. I think it was called Saint but Google only brings me to Saints Row. Does anyone remember this?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-11-2014 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-12-2014 11:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds a bit like the Devastator mod for Quake 2. It was awesome. In the map a devastator pickup spawned and if you pick it up, you turn into a devastator, which is basically a very large mech with either dual chainguns or dual rocket launchers and lots of health. All other players had to band together to destroy the devastator.

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 10-12-2014 11:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I remember we used to play Holy Wars in LAN, it was awesome.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.