Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        HorseShoe for Quake Live

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: HorseShoe for Quake Live

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-05-2014 08:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Attachment:
HorseShoe.jpg
Hi all
My map Pit_dm1 had serious problems that made me to take the resolution of rebuild it from zero.
This resolution stressed me a bit, so i decided to relax and make something fun and simple before i start again with Pit_dm1.
This HorseShoe is the result. I am sorry to show you the map already done, it would ne nice to read ur comments while doing it, but
it was no more than a relax exercise. Now i`m ready to restart modeling my Pit.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 08-05-2014 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks interesting. Download link, perhaps?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-05-2014 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the final version of this map is almost done, soon the final pk3 will be here.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-13-2014 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:alert: Need help !!!
Cannot finish my Horseshoe map for Quake Live because:
As we know, Quake Live made deep changes last months.
So i decided delete all my pk3 files from Wolfcam/baseq3 and replace them by the new ones from the new Quake live/baseq3.
I know that pk3 files are now .zip, no need to decode/encode them.
Dont know if this is the reason, but gtkradiant dont "see" any Common shaders, all them are listed as "shader not found".
This happens only with Common shaders, all others are working.
I checked the Shaderlist.txt and all pak.pk3 files, dont see anything missing.
Any ideas?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-15-2014 05:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:alert: Anybody home??

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 09-15-2014 07:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You probably also deleted the pk3 files that came with radiant. Reinstalling radiant or asking obsidian to link the pk3 with the common shaders would help.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-15-2014 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:
You probably also deleted the pk3 files that came with radiant. Reinstalling radiant or asking obsidian to link the pk3 with the common shaders would help.

Ty Citty, I will reinstall Radiant

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-22-2014 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Attachment:
hshoe.jpg
Hi, finally my horseshoe is ready. For the first time I made all the textures and shaders, using and modifying some existing scripts inside pak00.pk3 from QLive/baseq3.
Was a fun and educating job, specialy making the skybox. All my shaders and textures have a diferent name from the originals and anyone can find them inside the pk3 file. Just rename the .pk3 file to .zip and open it. No decoding needed.
This is a very simple map for duel and ffa/ca, max 6 players.
About this subject, what is necessary to do, to make this map only playable in duel/ffa/ca and limit the number of players to 6?
I would be much happy if someone answer this question and also say his opinion about the map.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgdvm6a9l0gg5 ... e.pk3?dl=0

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-22-2014 09:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm, looks great. Will try it out home soon as I get free time :)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-23-2014 03:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Attachment:
hshoe_01.jpg

Attachment:
hshoe_02.jpg

These 2 pics show something weird with some textures - not all - when I play the map online in a QLive server.
On pic 01, if I am far enough, I see the textures with this skew deformation. When I get more close (pic 02) that skew disappears....
This happens with both simple textures and shaders. However, when I test the map with Wolfcam this do not happens.
Any ideas?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-23-2014 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, there is some zebraing in the map, that should be fixed, but minor issue. Visualy the map is good, personaly I think that Quake Live is pretty overloaded with space maps. They are not so popular as custom maps that come with natural design (for example Realm of Steel Rats), so I think this wouldn't pass through id's controller SyncError. That's my own opinion, I do not represent other's opinion at all. Your design is really great, keep it going up. I'm looking forward your general release ;)

EDIT: This is general opinion for the release, as for the skew deformation, that do not appear in WolfCam: WolfCam is somewhat different engine than original QL, it is primarily used for converting demos to videos. As for the bug in online QL. First what I have to ask: How do you play your map online when there is no option to place custom maps downloaded from another site than QL (not verified pk3)? The second that I have on my mind: It might be some render bug that is engine related, ask on QL forums to get response.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-23-2014 11:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
How do you play your map online when there is no option to place custom maps downloaded from another site than QL?

I play online on a QL server. Maybe the word "online " is a bit excessive, since it is only possible play vs bots, but on QL server anyway.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-24-2014 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You mean QL client, not server actualy? You load the map by console and the engine causes the skew, right? I said, try to ask on QL forums, SyncError or who is responsible for developing engine and is on forums will reply you more in depth.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-25-2014 03:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
You mean QL client, not server actualy?

What I do is connect QL ,enter in practise mode, open a map - any map - and when I am ingame, open my map by console.
And the skew effect happens...I will try to get a answer in forums.
I want to thank you for ur comments, and say that my goal atm is not to make a map for id´s eyes, is just for fun and learning. I know how difficult is to make something good enough to get id`s attention.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-25-2014 07:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay, zipping up my mouth now :)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-26-2014 10:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
Okay, zipping up my mouth now :)

Plz dont, ur comments are allways wellcome :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.