Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Is this the right forum for Quake 1 modelling?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Is this the right forum for Quake 1 modelling?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 06:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hope it is, I searched "quake 1 editing" on Google and this forum was one of the first results.
Anyway, I have a model I want to animate and use with Quake 1 as the player character model. Where can I find tutorials explaining how it's done? The model is in two formats: .3ds and .ms3d. The 3D modelling programs I have on my PC are 3ds Max 5 and Blender 2.49.

Optionally: could a model, textured like Quake 1 models (front and back) be used as the player character in SiN? If the answer is affermative, where can I find tutorials about SiN editing?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Devil Master, I will telll you that this forum concretely (LEM) is about mapping and modelling for any Quake game, so do not bother about question placement. However this is the only I can tell you, I map and model only for Quake 3 and starting with Quake Live mapping... Someone else that have skills with Quake 1 mapping and/or modelling will help you...

BTW, main goal of the forums board is Quake 3, Quake Live and idTech3 and idTech4 related games, only sections like LEM are displaced to be more general, section General Discussion and The Void are outlined from forums guides, there you can talk about anything you could remember :) But be prepared for some buly there, these sections are for long-registered users only and moderators there really like to insult novices...

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just to override CZGhost's verbose and colored answer with something much more concise.

Is this the right forum for Q1 modelling? No, this is nominally a forum for Quake 3/idtech 3, but people here might still help you. You are still much more likely to find answers at Inside3D.

Can a model textured front and back can be used in SiN? I'm guessing that the game will use whatever UVs are plastered on the character. However, the model format will pose more of a challenge than it's UVs.

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 09:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 10:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 10:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ghost, calm down buddy...

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-22-2014 11:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do not need to calm down, actually, I need to warm up, 'cause I am calm as it freezes :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.