Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        BSPC error: WARNING: no entities inside

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: BSPC error: WARNING: no entities inside

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 09-28-2014 07:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello here,
I am becoming mad with BSPC to create my .aas files. I have tried with several very simple arenas (just a box and a starting point inside), and I always get the same error "WARNING: no entities inside ERROR: **** leaked ****"

I use GtkRadiant version 1.6.4 for Mac to create my maps, and I complied myself the latest built of BSPC on my Mac.

I have really tried everything, and I am sure my maps don't leak, have entities inside and they are freely outside any brush. There shouldn't be excuses, BSPC should work just fine!

Any ideas? My only thought is that I am using a "older" or "different" version of GtkRadiant from the latest built of BSPC, hence some sort of incompatibility.

I will be waiting for your thoughts... thank you in advance!

Fa.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 09-28-2014 07:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I always compile AAS with -forcesidesvisible switch, give it the try. Then post feedback whenether it works or not...

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 09-28-2014 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi and thank yo for your reply. Yes, I have tried that too. If I do that, BSPC doens't give me any warnings, but Quake 3 refuses anyway to add bots to the game, it gives me this error:

"Fatal: AAS not initialized"

in red, at the top-left of the screen.

I am pretty desperate...

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 09-28-2014 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Make sure the AAS is in the baseq3/maps directory with your bsp file, and also make sure you compiled the AAS file last. If you compile an AAS then compile a new bsp for the map, a new AAS needs to be generated. You need to make a new AAS every time you re compile your map.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-28-2014 04:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've also had some problems compiling a map like that with BSPC, try changing the shape with an hole or whatever, it worked for me...

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 09-29-2014 07:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you for your replies guys.

Ok, yes, I have put my .bsp file inside the baseq3/maps dir and BSPC is inside the same folder of Quake 3 game program. No avail, same result.

And yes, I am on a Mac and I compiled myself the latest version of BSPC:

https://github.com/bnoordhuis/bspc

Which gives me version 2.1h. It looks working fine, with the only exception that gives me that error all the times.

UglyFoot: what do you mean with "changing the shape with an hole or whatever"? Could you please tell me more?

Thanks!

Fab.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 09-29-2014 09:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fablau: I think there is also 2.1i or 2.1j as latest version, but not sure. It was few months ago I doscovered that, maybe it's past now and latest version is newer, search for bspc 2014 :)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 09-29-2014 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just meant don't compile a box map, change it's shape or add a brush inside.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 09-30-2014 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, thank you so much for your feedback! I have done some testings as you have suggested, and just 1 map of the ones provided by the Radiant program compiled right with BSPC and created the .aas file, no idea why! The other maps gave either the same error (WARNING: no entities inside) or a new error (3630ERROR: Tried parent).

Please, try the attached test map I have created, very simple, and let me know if you are able to create the .aas file with BSPC. I'd like to understand where the problem resides: Radiant compiler or BSPC?

I will be waiting for your results. :)

Thank you again very much.

Fab.

Attachments:
TestMap.zip [5.82 KB]
Downloaded 477 times

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-30-2014 11:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

maybe something is wrong with the map file itself. Upload a file that won't compile so someone else can test it.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-01-2014 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply! I have tried what you said, tried to raise the info_player_deathmatch and I still get the same error.

Please, try and look at the attached file. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Fab.

Attachments:
TestMap2.zip [5.81 KB]
Downloaded 475 times

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-01-2014 05:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you so much for confirming me that! That's what I had left to think :)

Ok, so... what do you suggest doing? I have also access to a Windows PC, so, what BSPC version do you have installed on your computer? Where can I find it so I can use the same you have?

Thank you again very much, I appreciate your help!

All the best,

Fab.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-02-2014 05:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you so much Toku! I will try what you have suggested and post my results.

Appreciated!

Fab.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-03-2014 03:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Toku, I have tried the following and no avail!

1. Tried to create the .aas file from the very same .bsp file I gave you with bspc 2.1i you gave me on Windows (tried on both Windows XP and Windows 7): nada. I get the same error!

2. Downloaded Radiant 1.6.4 from the link ou gave for Windows, and when I want to open it (Make it "run") Windows tells me that "The program can't start because MSVCF110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem." Ideas???!!

In any case, if you were able to create the .aas file from the same .bsp file, I should be able to do the same right? Why instead I am unable to do it, even on Windows??!! Is that maybe because I am missing other files? Or what else? Or I need to put the files in specific "locations" on my computer(s)? It is really weird that I am getting the exact same error on both Mac and Win.

I will be waiting for your thoughts on this...

Thank you again.

Fab.

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 10-03-2014 10:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You have to d/l and install MS dependencies to get radiant 1.6.4 to run!

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 06:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I will try to do what you suggest later today, but yesterday I tried BSPC alone, via command line, from the link you gave me:

http://www.simonoc.com/files/misc/bspc_v2_1i.zip

Shouldn't that work by itself anyway?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 07:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, I agree that it is a weird issue. If you were able to create the .aas file from the .bsp file I gave you, that means that my version of Radiant for Mac should be fine, right? Therefore the only problem should be related to bspc. If so, why I am unable to create the .aas file with bspc on both Mac and Windows? I am calling bspc on Windows via command line as follows, once inside the directory where I put it:

bspc.exe -bsp2aas tutor.bsp

Is that correct?

Also, I have put bspc in a directory on my Desktop, and inside that same directory I have put the tutor.bsp file. Is that Ok, or do I need to put bspc in another directory? Maybe inside the Radiant directory? Or doesn't matter where it is located? Just trying to figure this out because I can't understand why it worked for you and doesn't work for me, on both platforms!

Thank you again for your help.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-06-2014 05:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, thank you, I will try those tools and let you know the results. Thank you again.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-12-2014 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi ToKu, I have installed Q3Map2Build as you suggested, and defined all the settings requested, but when I select the tutor.bsp file and click the BSPC button, I get the following error: "cmdBuild error: Erro in cmdBuild: #5: Invalid procedure call or argument".... ideas?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-16-2014 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is really a nightmare for me... I am working on a more complex map than the one I gave you for testing, and I am still getting the same error... I was wondering, could I give it to you once done to create the final .aas file? I'd like just to have this map "workable" with bots. Maybe it will be ready in a couple of weeks or so... I would really appreciate that, just one-time help! Thank you so much again :)

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-18-2014 12:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you sooo much ToKu! I will do that as soon as the map is ready! I really appreciate that, so I and my son can have some fun together. Thanks!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.