Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Moving Jumpads

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Moving Jumpads

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-11-2015 06:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,

I am new to quake map editing so sorry if my question is too stupid.
Is it possible to make moving jumpads in quake 3 ?

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 01-11-2015 08:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

With a mod I imagine

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-11-2015 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To elaborate on Theftbot -- you can't do it in Vanilla Q3. That's because jump pads require some brush to be the actual jump entity (it's been ages since I've done this, I think it's trigger_jump). But, moving brushes are also entities (func_train I believe). And a brush can only be one entity, thus you can't have a brush that is both trigger_push and func_train.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 01-11-2015 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
To elaborate on Theftbot -- you can't do it in Vanilla Q3.

True. If, however, you'd like to create a hover effect you could place an invisible brush that serves as a jumppad around a visible and moving brush.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-11-2015 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you for the answers.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-11-2015 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
mrd wrote:
To elaborate on Theftbot -- you can't do it in Vanilla Q3.

True. If, however, you'd like to create a hover effect you could place an invisible brush that serves as a jumppad around a visible and moving brush.

That would only give a convincing effect if the func_train was barely moving. I'm thinking this guy wants to create a brush with a fairly long path (ala q3dm19 I think) that is also a jump-pad.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.