Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Model casts blocky shadow instead of correct alpha ch. shado

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Model casts blocky shadow instead of correct alpha ch. shado

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-28-2015 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey guys,

just doing a level for Quake Live having a problem with the shadow of a default model "models/mapobjects/eagle_bar_strgg.md3".

When I compiled it with q3map2, ingame it shows a blocky shadow behind the banner instead of a correct casted shadow using the transparency.

In the Quake Live Version of" The Campgrounds" for example the banner casts a correct shadow.

Perhaps you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Here is a screenshot for a better explanation:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-28-2015 08:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check the shader file for the model, make sure it includes surfaceparm alphashadow

Failing that, post the shader in question, version of GtkRadiant that you are using, and your compile options.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-29-2015 08:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also check your shaderlist.txt for the shader file. (the one with the code for the banner)
Otherwise q3map2 doesn't use the shader during the compile process.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-30-2015 01:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:D It was so obvious that I didn't checked it. I had already checked the script file for the surfaceparm alphashadow command, but I forgot to make sure that the script file for the model was in the shaderlist.txt.

Thank you guys!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.