Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        1.5 features in 1.6 help

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 1.5 features in 1.6 help

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-26-2015 10:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The lack of these features makes me suffer while I map with 1.6

I can't select multiple brushes with click and drag on the grid.

I can't paint the surfaces of multiple brushes/sides at the same time. The fist one resets when I paint the second. I can click and drag in the 3D view, but It doesn't really help me.

The texture window doesn't have the view and tools options on it self and I can't see the possible texture folders on its side, It bothers me a bit.
Also I cant find a way to make all of the textures fixed size on the textures window. I can only scale them to diffirent %, which makes the it little better, but still annoying.

Can't slide forward and back with shift + ctrl and mouse movement.

1.3 and 1.4 is very much like 1.6, any way to enable these features? All of these features are available in 1.5.
I went trough all of the options, preferences and settings with no luck.

I also discovered that 1.5 got really heavy and crashed as soon as I stared using patches.
So that is probably the reason it crashes on opening other maps. Any ways of fixing this issue?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-27-2015 06:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Long live JoF :)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-27-2015 11:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1.5 was a very different branch, and it's no longer being maintained since those involved have lost interest and moved on.

1.6 is the only version that sees some level of reasonable maintenance and update. Compared to 1.5, 1.6 has different hotkeys but selections have mostly similar features.

1.5 features might someday be ported to 1.6, that's the goal, but there aren't a lot of developers active. Want to help? Contribute through code, be willing to test, be active on the IRC channel. Info is on the website.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-30-2015 03:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NetRadiant's latest update is a lot more recent than Gtk 1.5 - June 2013, and it's based on 1.5, with some of its own stupid bugs and nice features. If you can, try getting used to 1.6 though, since it's technically better but is definitely missing a lot of ease-of-use that comes with NetRadiant. The reason I tell you to get used to 1.6 is that they handle and save maps differently, and switching between the two can cause some major bugs, but sticking with one will be fine for the most part. Hopefully some day 1.6 will have all the features that NetRadiant does, and when that day comes, I'll definitely make the switch. Or if NetRadiant devs come back and fix their own bugs, but that's less likely.

Anyway, again: try to get used to 1.6 if you can. If you can't, try NetRadiant.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.