Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        q3map2 decompile loses light entities in new maps

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: q3map2 decompile loses light entities in new maps

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm dealing with a strange bug and I was wondering if someone else could reproduce it.

When I decompile a .bsp, the light entities seem to be missing in some maps but not others. I think it may have something to do with the version of q3map2 the .bsp was compiled with because the light entities are not missing in maps from 2000 or earlier.

Try decompiling a map that was made in the year 2000, and then a recent map, and let me know what happens.

Here is the batch file I am using:

Code:
set MAP_PATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Quake III Arena Developer\FILENAME.bsp"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Quake III Arena Developer\q3map2"

q3map2 -game -q3 -convert -format map %MAP_PATH%

pause

thanks,
pat

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Light ents are not needed after compile-some choose to save light ents(worldspawn switch)-hence what your seeing.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 10:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gotcha, thanks.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-30-2015 03:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The key is _keeplights, BTW.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.