Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Q3map2 64bit

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q3map2 64bit

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-03-2016 07:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So after God knows how long of mapping with idtech3, I discovered some new stuff.
Mostly I discovered I really should read posts by Obsidian more often!
In a final push to finish my damn map, adding Hipshot's lovely launch pads, I once again hit some limitations. This time Q3map2 spat out a safe_malloc error.
After a bit of enforced research, I discovered there is now a 64bit version of Q3map2. Really? We got such things? Like I said, I really should pay more attention to Obsidian's posts about GTKr 1.6!
I had to drop a missing dll into the 64bit q3map2 folder in GTK 1.6 directory, is that normal?
Anyway, everything is good and I learned something new.
On the subject of learning new stuff, after many years of using q3toolkit, I also only just discovered it supports multiple q3map2 locations...I have to say, what a brilliant option that is. Toolkit is Eraser's baby, right? That feature alone is genius :)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-04-2016 03:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Which missing dll?

GtkRadiant for 64-bit Windows requires Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Both files vc_redist.x86.exe *AND* vc_redist.x64.exe need to be downloaded and installed (likely includes the .dll files you're missing). Links are on the downloads page on http://GtkRadiant.com

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-04-2016 10:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah OK. That explains it. Like I said I should read more.
It was the vcruntime140.dll
I dropped it into the q3map2 folder, and everything runs fine.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.