Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Q3A [BETA] 13circle_xt "Circle Of Death - Extended"

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q3A [BETA] 13circle_xt "Circle Of Death - Extended"

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-12-2016 07:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Circle Of Death - Extended:

Regarding to the conversion of my maps for Quake Live, I made an extended version of 13circle "Circle Of Death". In order to fix some of the issues from the original map.

There is now a way up from the lower "dead end" in the flagroom. A jump pad leading thru an iris-door, up to a gallery style area behind the flag. See screenshots 3 - 5.

Screenshots:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Tell me if you find some Bugs or have some further suggestions.

I'm also tending atm to add an LG. Maybe replacing the GL on the balcony and put the GL back into the new gallery area:
What do you think?

Download Q3A version Beta1 (6.2 MB)
PK3: map-13circle_xt_b1.pk3
ZIP: map-13circle_xt_b1.zip

A QL version will follow when the map is final.

sst13...

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 10-12-2016 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool that you are looking at this one again! :)

I'm gonna check it out tomorrow.

Edit:
- I think the iris door connection is a good addition, you might want to consider enlarging the trigger for the door to open when somebody is standing close to it on top of the jumppad
- regarding the weapon changes, if you want to put in LG I would put it where PG is now so it is not in such a dominant and open position - I imagine a defender who always has a LG will be very hard to overcome in the rather open flagroom
- I wouldn't mind some sort of trickjump from the balcony area to the sides of the flag to the upper balcony where GL is on

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 07:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for testing cityy!

>>iris door trigger:
The iris door is a little bit tricky. There is atm no trigger_multiple for opening. Only the automatic generated one (for doors without a trigger) because I coundn't manage to let the door stay open while you are still standing in the trigger. I think it has something to do with some of the diagonal angles of the door parts.

If you want to test around with a trigger, I made a little sample map file with the iris door area only: http://sst13.de/dev/13circle_iris-door.zip
You also need Beta1 for textures & shaders. (add "13circle_xt" to your shaderlist)
I'm using the "silence doors hack", so the big black room under the jump pad exist only to save the spectator from automatic teleporting into the void. :rolleyes: :D

>>weapon changes:
I'm gonna test your suggested weapon setup in the next beta. (LG => lower corridor; PG => flagroom balkony; GL => in front of iris door)

>>trickjump from gallery to balkony:
I had installed a small fixture on the pipes. But jumping from the "tilted" surface onto the fixture is a pain in the ass. I ended up making rocket jumps instead. :D

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-14-2016 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Iirc if the wait on the trigger_multiple is slightly lower than that of the door, it will keep it open indefinitely. Obviously the wait needs to be longer than the time it takes for the door to open completely, or it will re-trigger it and start closing instead.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-18-2016 09:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Time for a new Beta...

Download Q3A version Beta2 (6.2 MB)
PK3: map-13circle_xt_b2.pk3
ZIP: map-13circle_xt_b2.zip

New stuff:
- iris door trigger is now higher. (can be opened from the upper level)
- new weapon setup, like cityy suggested.

How about more ammo, or is it atm sufficient?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Download Q3A Final Version (6.3 MB)
PK3: map-13circle_xt.pk3
ZIP: map-13circle_xt.zip

I also added support for all Team Arena gametypes. (but no TA weapons or runes)

Have fun!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.