Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Request: Drainage pipes anyone?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Request: Drainage pipes anyone?

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 08-29-2005 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Would really like to have something like the above in map of mine, anything would work...but would like it to only be dripping water out instead of pouring

Anyone know of a already made model I could use?.

Those two area are only connected by the two levels right there, both fall down a few steps on each end. Thought it would be nice to have a little drainage system flowing on either side.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-29-2005 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm sure i have a map with some drainage pipes. They're not dripping though, but they probably could with some editing. I'll post the map name(s) when i find it/them.

Hard to find a map in a collection of ~700. :icon6: wvwq3dm2 has some pipes but it's not really high quality stuff.

I'll keep looking. :ninja:

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 08-30-2005 08:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alas I can't help with any drainage pipes, my maps are to clean ;)

Edit: Fixed subject title of thread to be more meaningful.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-30-2005 09:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why don't you just use a patchmesh for the pipe and some particles for dripping water. Shouldn't be difficult to do.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 08-30-2005 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I've downloaded Particle Studio and played around for all of ten minutes inside of it. Didn't feel like learning something new at the time of making this, but if I can't find anything that's what I'm going to do...after I find a good list of n00b tuts that is. :D

AEon wrote:
Edit: Fixed subject title of thread to be more meaningful.

:icon14:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-30-2005 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or even just a scrolling texture and shader will do.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-31-2005 07:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Found that map i was looking for: kitdm8. (Although this isn't exactly what you're looking for, still interesting to see.) That reminds me i haven't checked out a number of Kit Carson's maps yet. :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.