Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Palm treo pro

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Palm treo pro

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone of you ever owned one? I'm on my second one in the past ~3 months (and this being my 3rd palm in about double the time)... My main gripe is the screen seems weak and way too easy to damage, but I love this line of phones and how they work.

I noticed last night the keypad light stays on fullbright constantly, and bc the screen and keys should run as one, there's no option to disable the keypad. Haven't found another problem similar to mine so with my sprint contract already up, when/if this bricks soon guees I'm getting away from the palm line as much as I don't want to.

Anyone with any suggestions on new lines of phones best for texting and moderate web usuage, or know wth is going on with this one I'd love to hear it.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Long time palm user until I got an Android phone with a physical keyboard. As much as I loved my treo, it's now a dinosaur and I'll never look back.

Not sure what carrier you're on, but take a look at the 1Ghz Android options running Android 2.2 which have a physical kb.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 04:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bork[e] wrote:
Anyone with any suggestions on new lines of phones best for texting and moderate web usuage, or know wth is going on with this one I'd love to hear it.

What riddla said...

Look at the Sprint version of the Galaxy S - the Epic 4G. That's a nice phone.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-24-2010 09:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've got a Palm Pre on a 3-year plan. I love it, but my next phone will probably be an Android. No issues with durability though, I'm too anal to drop it.

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 09-26-2010 06:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just replaced my Palm Pro with a Milestone. What a difference. Makes the Palm look like brick. I had tons of issues with it towards the end, and the battery only lasted me about a year and a half before not being able to hold a charge throughout the day with moderate phone and text usage.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-27-2010 09:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm on the moto droid (same thing as milestone). For those using Android and wanting to increase battery life, check out the Tasker app.

Also, the *official* Droid2 extended battery works in my original Droid, so it should work out in the milestone as well.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 10-07-2010 07:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if your looking for a good windows mobile phone, get the htc hd2 (htc leo).

with the huge screen and 1ghz processor, its a great gaming device.. i play ps1 games on it. on top of that, can get hspa+ (3.5g), if you have it in your area. its easy to customize as well via cooked roms (will be voiding warranty use at your own risk) as well as apps. something i recently found out the screen is scratch proof (i took a razor blade to the screen, no screen protector, not a single scratch).. its also the first winmo device that has htc sense.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 10-07-2010 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New Palm is awful.
Well, Ok its not awful, but its just so out dated already. Its a great idea that flopped because palms a shitty company.

Android or iPhone. Theres really no other choice anymore.

Love my Droid X. And My iPhone is more "fun". Both are worth every penny.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.