Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Invalid system-time?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Invalid system-time?

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 08-10-2005 07:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Everytime I click to run the installed F.E.A.R. demo, I get this:
'Invalid system-time detected. Please check and correct your local system--time setting.'

So I can't get it to start. System time? My clock on my taskbar is all correct. Or does it mean something else?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-10-2005 07:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hardware clock can be different than software (microsoft XP uses ntp updates)
check the bios time, see if it's accessible or able to sync with the software clock.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-10-2005 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

could be time zone mismatch between hardware/windows.
or maybe that nonsensical waste of time footer is the problem.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 08-10-2005 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just went into my BIOS. System time and date are all correct, same as I'm seeing on the taskbar. What next? :confused:

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 08-11-2005 08:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

un-install demo reboot run a registry cleaner program http://www.jv16.org
reboot
re-install

i have terrain mapping software and earth science mapping software "Geosoft " that as soon as i change the time the software is crippled ,it's a protection scheme stopping illegal usage .
i assume the demo can be played for only a certain period of time and changing the time & date may be a way to keep playing it .

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 08-14-2005 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did all you said ax, ran regsupreme pro. Same thing though.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.