Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Quake 3 Arena and Leopard

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 3 Arena and Leopard

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-05-2008 07:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm a hopelessly lame addict of Q3A and was wondering if it still worked under Leopard? I'd have a real hard time giving up this game but I'll have to upgrade at some point.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-11-2008 11:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not installed Leopard at home so I can't say I tried. I expect that the open source ones will work fine though.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 01-15-2008 07:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Works fine. The UB build anyway, the old G4 build is somewhat dodgier, but that may be due to Rosetta.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-06-2008 08:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's another question: When I migrate to OS X Leopard, I want to do a clean install (yes, Insane, I know) and I want to bring all my old info (frags, etc) back into Quake 3 when I reinstall.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-07-2008 11:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just go into your q3a folder, then baseq3, and save your q3config.cfg file to somewhere safe. All your custom settings and stats are stored there. Once you have the new install up and running place that saved file back where the default q3config is. :up:

edit: The lack of my name on this side of the forum should tell you I know fuck all about a mac, but I don't see something like this being any diff. than a windows install.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-07-2008 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just reading through the responses to this thread & see that G-News says the UB build of Q3A works fine in Leopard - is this a universal binary version ? I've got Q3A Gold (with Team Arena), but it's not Uni Bin - will this still work ? If not where can I get a Universal version from - haven't seen it on Amazon...

Cheers,

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-10-2008 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have answered my own query :p . Have installed ioquake3 UB and added the necessary .pk3 from my game CD. Works great. Also found a Mac version of the Painkeep mod (v2.8). A couple of years old, but still one of my favourites. Looking at the online servers though, there weren't any running. Shame.

Cheers,

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.