Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        the old pb issue once more

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: the old pb issue once more

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-03-2008 09:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

G5/2.0ghz/dual/3gigRAM/300gigHD/OSX5.1

I am trying to keep PB from booting me from multiplayer games. I have the pbsetup.app and pbweb.app. I have tried running both from these three locations:

lib/app support/q3/pb
applications/q3/pb
~user/lib/app support/q3/pb

I have notes that say to run pbsetup from app/q3/pb only.

I can play Team Arena or Q3 in single mode, just get bumped off by pb when trying to play on internet.

Solutions???????

John R

Last edited by blackxactoX on 02-04-2008 12:25 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-21-2008 03:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you did buy the game, right?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-14-2008 01:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
you did buy the game, right?

What has that got to do with anything?
As long as you have a valid cd-key, there shouldn't be a problem.
Ever heard of google.com?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-25-2008 06:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

too bad GUIDs are saved on the PB server, so duplicated are easily tracked.

ever heard of pwnt?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-27-2008 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not really, there are many people who posted their config's in the old days forgetting to remove their cd keys in the config. In most cases these guys don't play q3 anymore, or quit before pb was enabled. So, you can allways find a valid key that hasn't been registered by a pb server. I tried this out years ago and found 3 valid keys. So, my statement is true and yours is not. Ever heard of n00b?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-09-2008 05:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this holds true for old keys indeed, and only once - i.e. if multiple people copy the key via google, theyll be banned.

but, keep on condoning warez on this forum. im sure youll have heard of 'bant' soon enough.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.