Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Can't get to my in-game server browser

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Can't get to my in-game server browser

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-18-2008 09:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

every time I try, Q3 quits on me.

anybody know of any apps that I can use to search for Internet games that work on a Mac? Somebody in the general discussion had recommended AllSeeingEye, but all I can find for that is a .exe download.

Or if anyone has a fix for the in-game browser, I open to ideas. Every time I go to Multiplayer and switch it to Internet, it shuts down Q3. If I go to the console, and type in "/connect a.valid.ip.address" it hooks up just fine.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-21-2008 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try to turn off the PunkBuster. This ends the same problem on my G5 with 10.4.11

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-21-2008 08:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

didn't make a difference. it still quits.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-25-2008 11:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

turn off PB makes no difference.... i hope it will work after you restart the mac
if not... i don´t know what you can do else

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-29-2008 01:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You could try using ioquake3 - http://ioquake3.org/get-it/

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-02-2008 08:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MWAHAHAHAHA - that did it. Works perfect now. Weird.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.