Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        error compiling ioq3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: error compiling ioq3

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 12-11-2009 09:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hello I want to compile the iourbanterror source but i got those errors:

libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_GUID_POV".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_GUID_Slider".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_GUID_RzAxis".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_GUID_RyAxis".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_GUID_RxAxis".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_GUID_ZAxis".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_GUID_YAxis".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_GUID_XAxis".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_GUID_Key".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_IID_IDirectDrawSurface3" in Funktion "_DX5_Available".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5yuv.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_IID_IDirectDrawSurface3".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_IID_IDirectDraw2" in Funktion "_DX5_VideoInit".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5video.obj) : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_IID_IDirectDrawGammaControl" in Funktion "_DX5_SetGammaRamp".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5events.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_GUID_SysMouse".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5events.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_GUID_SysKeyboard".
libSDL.lib(SDL_dx5events.obj) : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_IID_IDirectInputDevice2A" in Funktion "_DX5_DInputInit".

I already linked the sdl lib/include datas to visual c++ 2005...
thanks for help

Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol = Not resolved external symbol
Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol = Link to not resolved external symbol
in Funktion = in function

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 12-11-2009 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seems you're missing the DirectX libs.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 12-11-2009 04:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i still adding the microsoft directx sdk (august2009) but same error

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 12-12-2009 03:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No offense, but if you still get the same error then you didn't add the DX libs properly.

I suppose there is a simple workaround: toss out the included libsdl and have your project link to a libsdl downloaded from http://www.libsdl.org/

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 12-12-2009 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok i compiled the exe.
bzt now i get the error "Bad UI system trap: 53" when i start the game somebody know how to fix?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 12-12-2009 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trap 53 is UI_GET_CDKEY. Try compiling with and without STANDALONE defined (I suspect it's defined now).

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 12-12-2009 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how can i set the standalone option in visual c++?
I know when i compile something with msys i only need to edit the makefile,but how i can compile standalone with vc ++?

edit in the newer revisions of ioq3 it seems there istn any standalone command in the makefile anymore...

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 12-12-2009 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry, it isn't a make action, it's a compiler define. I don't know how to set/unset those with Visual Studio but the quick 'n' dirty way would be to add this to ui/ui_shared.h:
Code:
#ifdef STANDALONE
#undef STANDALONE
#endif

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 12-12-2009 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

here is the source what i mean..i try to start it with quake3 but still the same bad error maybe you found the bug when you look into the source

Last edited by michael18 on 12-13-2009 05:16 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 12-13-2009 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you but no. Providing friendly advice on a forum is one thing. Sifting through other people's code, fixing their bugs for them is something quite different.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 12-13-2009 05:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok sorry i dont know that *deleting link*
I fixing the ui trap 53 by my own adding getcdkey to cl_ui...
but now i getting bad ui system trap 81

is there any faq or something like taht over the worldwideweb which maybe describe the ui errors?Or how do you find this out?

it seems this happened after each ioq3 revision since 1.35...
Ill try Ioquake3 revision 1500 compile it without any problems but when i try quake3 i get the error...

The game crashed after the quake 3 id logo .

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.