Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Team spawns

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Team spawns

Trainee
Trainee

PostPosted: 01-21-2010 03:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi, :)
I have new (next?) idea.
I need that in TDM players had their own spawns as in CTF. (they are not spawn in info_player deathmatch)
Thanks.

Trainee
Trainee

PostPosted: 01-24-2010 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I need that in TDM the players of red team spawn on red_ctf_spawn as in CTF mode and players of blue team spawn on blue_ctf_spawn.
Thx

Mentor
Mentor

PostPosted: 01-24-2010 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just to be sure, how would you describe your competence level as a C coder? More specifically, do you just need some pointers as to where to start hacking or are you looking for step-by-step instructions?

Trainee
Trainee

PostPosted: 01-24-2010 02:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I´m moderately advanced with coding, but in team models I want step by step instruction (is it faster :) ), but suffice me any advice. Here me suffice ,,where I start´´.

Thank for you time with my asks.

Mentor
Mentor

PostPosted: 01-24-2010 02:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good to know. The spawning thing is actually pretty simple: in ClientSpawn() in game/g_client.c, change this:
Code:
        } else if (g_gametype.integer >= GT_CTF ) {

To this:
Code:
        } else if (g_gametype.integer >= GT_TEAM ) {

I suppose this turned out to be step-by-step instructions after all but there you go.

Trainee
Trainee

PostPosted: 01-25-2010 03:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com