Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Standalone Mod

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Standalone Mod

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-31-2010 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am establishing a new mod from Q3A source. It will have many of the features of Urban Terror, but also a new Zombie gametype (purple skins for zombie team, but a TDM), dead bodies will jiggle, and it will have a very developed bot code (in the style of Brainworks). When completed bots will climb ladders, wall jump, ledge climb, even powerslide. This will involve the creation of new entities that trigger bot related events. To make our game compatible with older maps, I intend to have an XYZ system where our server side mod version will allow for map entity placement by navigating to coordinates and selecting an entity to place thereupon. This is much like decal placement in OSP. The specific mods of Q3A that I have selected for referencing this project are the "Afterwards" and "Urban Terror" mod.

Anyone interested in working on this project, receiving credit for it, and the benefits associated with this project, should pm me or make a post here in response. Only serious candidates should respond. Thank you.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.