Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        [Help] Config's Weap, Sens and Zoom.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: [Help] Config's Weap, Sens and Zoom.

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am looking for a way to set up my weapons with different sens like in q3. I hear you can do it now since m_accel is now enable.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

m_accel has nothing to do with it. Multibinds are now available (_impulse commands combined with other commands).

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea I know accel has nothing to do with it. I am looking for an example. I have no idea where to begin.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 03:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is an example from what someone who posted at ESR uses:

bind "x" "doImpulse _impulse0;g_crosshairCustomFile gfx/guis/crosshairs/crosshair_q3_9.tga;g_crosshaircolor 1 1 1 1;g_fov 110"

Have you checked the Upsetchaps guide btw? It should be updated for this new functionality (multibinds).

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thx Oeloe

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 11:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xchaser wrote:
yea I know accel has nothing to do with it. I am looking for an example. I have no idea where to begin.

Well this should get you started. I tested this and it works fine. Just make sure all your binds and numeral values are what you want before using. What this is doing is binding each weapon to a key, setting a crosshair, setting a crosshair color, setting your fov, and then finally setting the mouse sensitivity.

bind LEFTCTRL "doImpulse _impulse0;g_crosshairCustomFile 0;g_fov 120;sensitivity 5" //gauntlet

bind LEFTSHIFT "doImpulse _impulse5;g_crosshairCustomFile gfx/guis/crosshairs/crosshair_q3_6.tga;g_crosshaircolor 0 1 0 1;g_fov 120;sensitivity 5" //ng

bind z "doImpulse _impulse9;g_crosshairCustomFile gfx/guis/crosshairs/crosshair_q3_6.tga;g_crosshaircolor 0 1 0 1;g_fov 120;sensitivity 5" //dmg

bind c "doImpulse _impulse8;g_crosshairCustomFile gfx/guis/crosshairs/crosshair_q3_6.tga;g_crosshaircolor 0 1 0 1;g_fov 120;sensitivity 5" //lg

bind 3 "doImpulse _impulse4;g_crosshairCustomFile gfx/guis/crosshairs/crosshair_q3_6.tga;g_crosshaircolor 0 1 0 1;g_fov 120;sensitivity 5" //gl

bind e "doImpulse _impulse6;g_crosshairCustomFile gfx/guis/crosshairs/crosshair_q3_6.tga;g_crosshaircolor 0 1 0 1;g_fov 120;sensitivity 5" //rl

bind f "doImpulse _impulse3;g_crosshairCustomFile gfx/guis/crosshairs/crosshair_q3_6.tga;g_crosshaircolor 0 1 0 1;g_fov 120;sensitivity 5" //hp

bind 2 "doImpulse _impulse1;g_crosshairCustomFile gfx/guis/crosshairs/crosshair_q3_6.tga;g_crosshaircolor 0 1 0 1;g_fov 110;sensitivity 3" //mg

bind q "doImpulse _impulse2;g_crosshairCustomFile gfx/guis/crosshairs/crosshair_q3_6.tga;g_crosshaircolor 0 1 0 1;g_fov 110;sensitivity 3" //sg

bind r "doImpulse _impulse7;g_crosshairCustomFile gfx/guis/crosshairs/crosshair_q3_6.tga;g_crosshaircolor 0 1 0 1;g_fov 110;sensitivity 3" //rg

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-24-2006 08:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been messing around with the custom crosshair/weapon deal. Basically I'm using the defualt crosshairs for the singlel playergame, but with custom sizes and colors... A little problem I notice, for instance, I'll have the RL, run out of ammo, then it will auto switch to the next most powerful weapon(lets say RG), but the crosshair from the RL will still be displayed on the hud. I will have to manually press my keybind for the RG to get its own custom crosshair to be shown ont the hud.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-24-2006 09:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's logical isn't it? If you haven't pressed your RG bind, the crosshaircolor and other commands will not be executed. Just press your RG bind when you have 0 ammo and don't fire empty guns instead to switch.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-24-2006 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oeloe wrote:
That's logical isn't it? If you haven't pressed your RG bind, the crosshaircolor and other commands will not be executed. Just press your RG bind when you have 0 ammo and don't fire empty guns instead to switch.

Exactly. Its working as designed.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.