Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        movement with 1.3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: movement with 1.3

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-06-2006 06:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is anyone else experiencing a kind of dizzyness with the change in movement speed? It's very nice having the speed, makes for a smoother feel.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-06-2006 06:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah.. I found it a bit of work to get used to. If you're using a high FOV, maybe try dropping it a little.. I found 110 too high for the new speed; I felt like I was getting disoriented.

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 08-06-2006 06:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dude I am using 110 and I love it. I used 110 in q3 also. this pr is sweet. q4 for the win.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-06-2006 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GODLIKE wrote:
Yeah.. I found it a bit of work to get used to. If you're using a high FOV, maybe try dropping it a little.. I found 110 too high for the new speed; I felt like I was getting disoriented.

I played a bit last night and after a few minutes I felt like someone had attached me to a giant drill and had spent the last 5 minutes spinning me around. Although, I seem to remember Q3 feeling like that a bit when I first started playing. After a couple of days it went away as I got used to it.

Makes for a much nicer feel to the game though. Ive been playing more Q3, but now Im going to start going back to the Q4 servers.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-06-2006 11:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm back to Fov 100 now, which is pretty much a "home" spot for me.. But I found that playing on 90 FOV and strafe-running maps for a couple of hours helped me to tune for speed.

Tonight, I played three hours of duel, and everything felt pretty good; even my rail is coming back.

1.3 ftw, indeedy.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-10-2006 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xchaser wrote:
dude I am using 110 and I love it. I used 110 in q3 also. this pr is sweet. q4 for the win.

I agree with everything you said. I love 1.3 and I have never liked vanilla anything in my life. I'm enjoying every aspect of 1.3 though. +1 for ID, Raven, and whoever that other company is that got involved.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-10-2006 04:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1.3 is the dogs bollocks, better than Q3 for the first time.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-15-2006 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm using fov 95 and all is well. Anything over 100 is too far for me.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-16-2006 07:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heh. I did the Flag to YA jump in Q4wcp14 pretty easily. I was prepared to scoff when I didn't make it, but I totally flew across in 2 jumps. It was sweet.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.