Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Delta CTF Minicup I & Ladder

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Delta CTF Minicup I & Ladder

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 09-19-2006 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The first official Delta CTF Minicup will be held this weekend on September 22nd-24th with separate divisions for USA and Europe.

The general rules are as follows:

5v5 teams
MatchMode Gametype
(1 Map, consisting of three 10 minute periods)
Single Elimination

We have sponsors lined up for prizes to both divisions, to be annouced soon.

The first official minicup will be kicking off our ladder over at the True Carnage Website, and is sponsored by TrueCarnage.com and EscapedTurkey.com. A huge thanks to these community sites for supporting us and making this minicup possible.

Get your teams together and go here to sign up. First register yourself as a player, then click the 'Join this Ladder' link, and add your team to the tournament here.

Apologies for the short notice of the minicup. Lil and I began preparations for this and intended to get the word out this previous weekend, but we suddenly without much notice had to move. From Friday morning until Monday morning straight we were moving and are still without Internet (or power for that matter) at our home, so we did not have as much time planned over the weekend to make posts or work on the Delta patch leading up to the minicup. A patch is still planned for release this week.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 09-21-2006 05:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Q4 lays dead, awaiting a long overdue patch.

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 09-21-2006 06:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

we need a really good ase replacement or maybe a really good in game browser to find good servers out their.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-21-2006 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1) The in game browser isn't really that bad, and there are launchers out there. (Notice how it's NOT "out their".)

2) PR 1.3 means the game is far from dead (or haven't you been paying attention). I had to call my ISP and upgrade my upstream allowance on account of server usage.. :)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 09-25-2006 07:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Despite the complelely offtopic approach people chose to take with this thread and instead of actually commenting on the Minicup in any fashion simply deciding to call Q4 dead... while they were browsing a Q4 forum...

I am proud to report that the Minicup was a success and that all the teams have asked for the cups to continue (and soon) and have continued their gameplay on the Delta CTF TrueCarnage.com ladder. So if anyone wishes to join in on the fun, instead of doubting that it exists -- feel free. =)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-26-2006 10:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe (as Sync is saying) that Delta CTF is being played quite a bit, actually.. and it's a great mod. Glad the minicup was a success!

:icon25:

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 09-29-2006 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GODLIKE wrote:
I believe (as Sync is saying) that Delta CTF is being played quite a bit
:icon25:

Not sure what you mean by that, but DCTF player count atm is exactly 0, but Q4 has less than 100 players too atm.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 09-29-2006 08:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KO wrote:
Not sure what you mean by that, but DCTF player count atm is exactly 0, but Q4 has less than 100 players too atm.

If you don't like the game then quit fucking whining about it here and just find something different to play.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 09-30-2006 01:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
KO wrote:

If you don't like the game then quit fucking whining about it here and just find something different to play.

You are perfectly right

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.