Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Counterblast Final

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Counterblast Final

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-04-2006 09:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This map was the second official map I made for quake4, and I guess it could be more optimized performance vise, and I have already been using too much time on item placement, and I don't want to be working on this map forever.
It was made in just a cupple of days, but I have spent very much time polishing and perfecting the item placement, so it should play very well now.
Anyway, the map is very balanced for 1on1 and it works well in Free For All, you don't want to be too many in there tho, very fun map to play.

To check out more screens and download the map goto my my website http://www.mrlycon.com

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-04-2006 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very nice map.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 11-04-2006 04:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sweet looking map.

Have you considered makeing any CTF maps at all?

EDIT: I just checked out your website, it looks like you've made quite a few CTF maps for Q3. If your still makeing Q4 maps between working on Age of Conan ( which I'm soooo looking forward to getting BTW :] )... please consider a CTF map :]

There just arent enough good Q4ctf maps around :tear:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 11-05-2006 08:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice work Mrlycon

I've put the map up on our max servers (could have done with an addon.conf for it, but n/mind)

213.208.119.120:28008 / jolt.co.uk - (v1.3) Q4Max Duel / Map : q4mrldm3

It also available on the FFA server, and will be on the tourney once its seen a reboot.

Also found a nice looking wallpaper (energyball) - sites definitely worth a look at (hrhr your picture is impressive too :-o)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-05-2006 09:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks for the great reply :)

jayP, i totally agree about there not being enough CTF maps taht are good around, i will make one once i have finished my other dueling map, stay tuned :)

anyway.. i have already got some nice feedback from players on stuff that could need a little tweak, and besides i found a tiny visual bug i need to fix, so it looks like i will have to release a new version. won't be just yet tho, i'm waiting until i get more feedback, there are probably more that could need a change :)

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 11-05-2006 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 11-06-2006 05:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrlycon_ wrote:
thanks for the great reply :)

jayP, i totally agree about there not being enough CTF maps taht are good around, i will make one once i have finished my other dueling map, stay tuned :)

Hey mrlyon, thats great to hear :]

I have a server to run it on if you'd like, when your ready. I already run a few maps from the Qubism map pack and I'm looking to add more quality CTF maps.

Personally I like maps that focus on competative play as well as oppurtunities to use Q4's kool movement physics. I think if Q4 had better CTF maps that focus more on Q4 gameplay and less on trying to be just like Q3 we'd have a healthier CTF community.

I sometimes think players expect Q4 to be a carbon copy of Q3 and that keeps them from appreciateing the truely fun aspects of Q4. Good maps can be the key to changeing that expectation, hopefully you can help us with that :]

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.