Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Q4 Map script

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q4 Map script

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-01-2007 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a q4 instagib server and am trying to run non stock maps on it. I have the lines

seta g_mapCycle ""
seta si_mapCycle "mp/q4ctf1;mp/stronghold;mp/shankq4ctf1;mp/q4ctf4;mp/duelingkeeps;mp/drach4t1"
seta si_map "mp/q4ctf4"

If i change eta si_map "mp/stronghold" or even "stronghold" then the server starts and does not run a map.

anyway help would be great.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-02-2007 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the correct mapname that q4 needs for 'stronghold' is q4_q3ctf3

so if you replace 'mp/stronghold' with 'mp/q4_q3ctf3' in the si_mapcycle all should be well

an easy way to check the actual mapnames is to browse the pk4 with an archieve app like winrar - and take a peek in ./maps/mp/

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-02-2007 08:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks very much. :)

Fell like the dumbass of the month. :(

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-02-2007 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or, create a listen server while playing a map you like.. bring down the console and type "si_map".

the console will report the current value of si_map, in this case.. the 'actual' name of the map you're playing.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.