Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Performance issue in multiplayer

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Performance issue in multiplayer

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-24-2007 10:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey. i got quake 4 a while and wasnt too impressed with the single player to be honest but the multiplayer looked real fun. and to be fair it is :D aside from the fact that it runs pathetic on my machine. even with all the bells and whistles turned off along with low resolution and low quality settings in place.

Does anyone experience the same thing?? it seems so "jittery" and my fps totally die on some maps.

my spec
amd 64 3500 venice core
1gb ddr400
7900gt 256mb 560 core (i think)
250gb maxtor sata hd
xp pro sp2

by the way i run two monitors (will this affect performance in my games)?

any help would be great
ta :)

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 01-24-2007 11:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Running 2 monitors will affect performance if you're splitting the game across both monitors. However if you're cloning the screen, or just running the game on one of them, then it shouldn't cause a problem.

if you managed to get the game running across both screens, please tell me how :)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-24-2007 12:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol no am not running q4 across both of them but i have jus disabled my second monitor and the game DOES run smoother. i have to test it with a full server but i think its done a bit of good :)

now am running it on medium with max resolution 1280x1024. left shadows off and special effects.

what are the commands to turn simple items on, i hate the pickup models - too used to quake 3 :) and what rate should i be using and how do i set that xD

ty for help

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-25-2007 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your system is alittle more powerful than mine and your having problems even with a 7900 card. I only have it that bad when more than 10 people are on the screen at once. It used to be worser until I got my audigy card. You can google for some tweaks for better perforce at the cost of visual quality.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-25-2007 04:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Make sure you check out the latest readme that came after you installed the 1.3 point release in Quake 4/docs and you'll find out a thing or two. (you _have_ installed it, haven't you ? :) )

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.