Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        all q4 .pk4 files needed for q4 MP server?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: all q4 .pk4 files needed for q4 MP server?

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 01-26-2007 05:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd like to setup a q4 server for 1vs1 and TDM matches and am currently asking myself whether it is necessary to upload the whole q4 (>2GB) to my server - I don't need the singleplayer maps anyways.

Any thoughts / experiences on that?

It seems the MP maps are in the pk4 files in /maps/mp/, but I'm unsure on whether it would work to delete some of the other stuff (and on what eaxtly to delete). The server wouldn't be pure anymore after that also, afaik.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-26-2007 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can't do without uploading everything. Non pure servers are a no-go outside of developer testing nowadays due to pak downloads and addon maps etc.

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 01-26-2007 07:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Looks like 2.5 out of 10 GB are gone for q4 then...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.